Oil dip stick for 1964 Valiant slant six

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post the length of your dip stick tube and I'll take a look.....
Thanks, Mark

I am not sure what the length of the oil dip stick is. newmexguy if you have one in the slant six you are parting out, what would you want for it. Thanks!

I would be very careful doing this, I have seen many dip sticks (even stock) get hit by the crank shaft and brakes it off in the engine.
I would drain oil and remove oil filter, then put 5 quarts of oil and start it up till it warms up then give it 5 minutes to set and drain back down in the oil pan..
Then pick up a dip stick at your local auto parts supply that fit's..
put it in and mark your full mark and cut all but 3/4 of an inch off.

This is a constructive reply and hope this helps Frank, It's way to easy to get the wrong dip stick.

I would be very careful doing this, I have seen many dip sticks (even stock) get hit by the crank shaft and brakes it off in the engine.
I would drain oil and remove oil filter, then put 5 quarts of oil and start it up till it warms up then give it 5 minutes to set and drain back down in the oil pan..
Then pick up a dip stick at your local auto parts supply that fit's..
put it in and mark your full mark and cut all but 3/4 of an inch off.

This is a constructive reply and hope this helps Frank, It's way to easy to get the wrong dip stick.
Yup, it's usually the angle of the tube that causes that. Anytime I talk to someone that has had that problem I tell them to straighten the tube a bit and while the engine is idling, slowly lower the dip stick into the tube. If you feel it hitting the crank, rebend the tube until it doesn't. If you need another dip stick, you'll need the measurement of the tube to get the exact one or like Mike says, do an oil change and re-mark an aftermarket one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back