Oil Filter Adapter Angle

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my small block finished up and ready to go into the Duster and had a quick question.
Can someone look at this picture and tell me if the angle I have on the filter adapter's going to be alright? It was angled to clear a set of spitfire headers, but needed to be moved for the ones I have now. It'd be a pisser to have to mess with it in the car instead of now while it's out.
Thanks alot,
Jon
326211_55_full.jpg

fenderman33,
What kind of car is this engine going in? If it's a A body then the adapter will have to be moved so the filter will be slightly up at a angle to the firewall, or about a 1/4 turn from where you have it in the picture clockwise. You can also use a 2.2/2.5 filter if room is a problem, it carries the same thread and O ring sizes. I think that it is 3249 fram but look and make for sure on the #. We use the small filter with big tube hedders as the std. oil filter hit's the exhaust.

BJR Racing

Yeah small filter. It's no big deal to spin it in the car as long as there's no oil in 'er. I put mine on snug and rotated it till it looked right. the thing is if you rotate it clockwise, which you may have to, you'll have to put a rag or cardboard on your headers to avoid a MESSY oil cange. My $.02 :thumblef:

Well this is a problem that we all face when running small block dodges, even in stock form.

BJR Racing

-
Back