Oil filter doesn't fit

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
I'm probably doing something wrong... just got the 360 into my Dart.(was originally a 318 ) Everything lines up... but the oil filter. I cant thread it on, its rubbing against the exhaust pipe on the passenger side. Was the 318 oil filter any different from the 360?

Thx:shaking2::shaking2::shaking2::shaking2:

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 442
Have you tried not using the 90 degree adaptor and just use a short type filter instead of the long type? I have TTI headers and use the short filter straight to the block.... if this helps.

loosen your 90* adapter and rotate it about 90 degrees where the filter is threaded on from the rear of the engine.

Have you tried not using the 90 degree adaptor and just use a short type filter instead of the long type? I have TTI headers and use the short filter straight to the block.... if this helps.

So can I simply remove the 90* adapter and just thread in the filter to the block?

I don't think I can turn the adapter backwards as my filter would hit the transmission.:banghead:

thx

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969496772 said:
So can I simply remove the 90* adapter and just thread in the filter to the block?

I don't think I can turn the adapter backwards as my filter would hit the transmission.:banghead:

thx

If you have the appropriate hardware you can. I got my parts at the dodge dealership. They have names for each part but I can't remember them. Theres a nut with threads (filter screws on it), a base plate, and a base plate gasket. I didn't know what to call these items but the parts guy looked them for me.

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969496772 said:

thx

you can turn the adapter to face the other way..it will not it the trans...trust me..lol

if you remove the adapter you need a filter plate that bolts onto the block...

use the shorter ph43 filter or whatever filter it cross reference to that you like.

66dartman is right. I have mine facing to there the filter in by tranny. It wont be at the 9-oclock position, it will be at the 7-8 o'clock position. I have mine that way with headers and its the only way a filter will fit with headers is with the 90 degree adapter-trust us. keep adapter bolt loose/snug for now until you get engine in car then swivel till you get it in good position.

Leave it loose because youll need to move it. When you get everything together. See pic

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 282
66dartman is right. I have mine facing to there the filter in by tranny. It wont be at the 9-oclock position, it will be at the 7-8 o'clock position. I have mine that way with headers and its the only way a filter will fit with headers is with the 90 degree adapter-trust us. keep adapter bolt loose/snug for now until you get engine in car then swivel till you get it in good position.

Here are the pictures WITHOUT adapter

Attachments

• 2012-06-19 22.01.50.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 2012-06-19 22.01.45.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 233
Many many thanks guys... I loosened the nut and spun the 90* adapter around (no it did not hit the transmission:finga:) and uhhh yup.... works like a charm, as you can see.

(so basically I had the 90* adapter on backwards!!!:violent1:)

Thx again... love this forum you guys rock!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3358.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 208
-
Back