Oil filter for 340

-

justcuz

Reaction score
I used to buy my oil filters at the dealership as I preferred OEM and liked that it had the word Mopar on them. They tell me that these oil filters are now discontinued. Is there any where else I can get them? What oil filter are you using?

Wal Mart around $7. I use them on my 360 Dodge Ram and my '69 340 cuda
1689166738901.png

Mopar filters are junk. Use WIX or NAPA Gold. Buy Mopar decal if you want it to say Mopar. Thanks for all the treasure marks X

I always used WIX. I thought Fram made Mopar filters. My son told me they are made by WIX. In that case I guess mopar filters are OK. But they are made in Mexico. Did you all know that?

Last edited:
Mopar filters are junk. Use WIX or NAPA Gold. Buy Mopar decal if you want it to say Mopar.
What he said. ^^^^^ I prefer Motorcraft filters. They always rank one of the highest in terms of filter media amount and filtration. If you're concerned about what a filter SAYS, you're really not looking for a good one.

I've used that filter in my ram for over 175,000 miles. If it were junk I'd know it. The truck now has 198,000 miles and I've owned it for 21 years.

apparently Fram is junk now also(or maybe they always were?) Ive used them for years :)

In the end its outsourced crap with old US brand names on it...:)

If ANY oil filter was truly junk, we'd know about it from a bunch of negative publicity.

the worst ive seen with filters is the oil pressure guage or light doesnt register pressure that was a motorcraft i think Ive never cut one open or anyhing...

I've seen oil filter comparison reviews on Youtube. All the reviews were of Fram's low cost filter. I noticed Fram has a Titanium line, recently. The cost of these is about $12, about the same as Wix. Does anyone know if maybe Fram stepped up their game?
P.S. I use Mobil 1 filters.

The oil filters of the Mopar brand are produced by three different manufacturing companies, namely Purolator, Champion Labs, and Wix, then the oil filters are sold under the brand Mopar. These three manufacturing companies are located in the USA; hence Mopar Oil Filters are manufactured in the USA.

Mobil 1 oil filters are products of Champion Laboratories Inc., one of the well-known equipment filter brands. This company is one of the largest distributors of filters around the world. They currently have manufacturing and distribution stations in Albion, Illinois, and another in Shelby Township in Michigan.

I read somewhere (I think on the B side) that wix is now made in china. Napa gold too. Napa silver, unknown.
Edit: apparently Wix has manufacturing plants all over the world. Depends on the number you need if it's built in USA, Poland, Mexico, China or elsewhere.

Last edited:
I run the K&N HP3001 made in USA by Champion.

They are very well built filters and the 1” nut on the back is an added bonus to loosen the filter off on my 340.

I read somewhere (I think on the B side) that wix is now made in china. Napa gold too. Napa silver, unknown.
Edit: apparently Wix has manufacturing plants all over the world. Depends on the number you need if it's built in USA, Poland, Mexico, China or elsewhere.
Wix went global several years ago, which means you might get one made in USA or any number of countries where they have manufacturing plants. It was pretty disappointing. Much the same as Moog.

Donaldson P550008 is a high quality, American made filter.
Baldwin B2 was and still may be, but they've been bought out a couple of times and may have gone "global".

Baldwin B2 was and still may be,
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/baldwin-b2-fl1a-manufacturing-switched-to-morocco.367095/

In person verifying C.O.O. (country of origin for those not familiar) before purchase is all we seem to have left as “ordering” anything these days is a crap shoot. E-mailing or calling inquiring as to C.O.O. is typically met with a scripted response about global sources and quality yadda yadda yadda. All too often when you don’t know where it’s made, or it’s not listed you can count on being disappointed.

Just bought a commercial grade Napa Fleetflex Gold radiator hose at their store, hose quality somewhat similar to the Gates Vulco-Flex Green Stripe hoses. Initially assumed it would certainly be US made. Nope. Mexico. But hey, that’s better than India, China or some never heard of before country!

Last edited:
-
Back