Oil filter questions

-

z_daddy

z_daddy
Reaction score
Ok , cpl questions, 1 can I change to a straight oil filter ? ( dnt like the 90 degree one ) 273 engine 2 what about an oil filter relocation kit

once the 90 degree adapter is done dripping go ahead and box it up and send it my way :)

Ok , cpl questions, 1 can I change to a straight oil filter ? ( dnt like the 90 degree one ) 273 engine 2 what about an oil filter relocation kit

Do you have headers? If so a regular filter will work, but it has to be a short one. If you dont have headers you can fit a regular one easy. I use wix filters, dont know the part number off hand, but they are good filters. I cant say much about relocation kits though as I dont have much experience with them.

I use the MOPAR short filter on the 273. Engine had the 90 degree and I took it off. It works fine.

Can you tell me what you did to change it what you used for on that block and is it is it is your changes it clear your headers my problem is the headers and the oil filter actually put installing the headers this is why I want to clear the filter and sometimes it's harder just to get it out from underneath there on the angle

I use the MOPAR short filter on the 273. Engine had the 90 degree and I took it off. It works fine.

Hey can you tell me what you used to changes to a regular filter not the 90° after you move the housing what did you have to do to the block as far as housing goes is there anything special that I would need to convert this to a regular filter

I did this a number of years ago. I think all that is needed after you remove the 90 degree is to screw in a short fitting that has the filter threads on one end. not a hard job to do. Should be in any 273,318 or 340 block.

-
Back