Oil filter relocation kit

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
Does anyone use these? Are they better for header clearance? What's a good one to use?

They aren't needed on Doug's or the TTI longtubes. On the TTI shorty's you need them. I don't use one as I prefer to just have the filter attached to the block itself. Less chance of a leak.

Moroso worked the best for me. Easy access for oil change and no oil all over the headers. Getting the filter off in the factory position is easy. Getting it out of there is another issue. I also mounted an oil cooler and oil temp gauge for the street.

Steve 065.JPG

1DSCN2806.JPG

spoiler pics 804.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

I used one on my ‘03 Dakota. The oil filter was in its normal place on the V6 like the V8, but it was a little bit of pain to pull out from underneath.

The first thing you need to do is a little dremel or die grinder work with a bit for aluminum to “port” the passage. There fast with 90* turns. This is not a big deal & it’s helps with a smoother oil flow path.

The lines that connected my kit were a heavy duty rubber line with work clamps. Route the lines away from the exhaust and any part of the body that it may run on. Secure the line with rubber lined U clamps.

I mounted the filter under the passengers door making the filter change very easy. What you have to watch for is the work clamps coming loose and the rubber oil lines cracking from age and heat.

Others use the relocation kit to connect more than one filter and/or a oil cooler. Which is good for longevity of the oil. Cooler oil extends the oils life. How much I do not know.

I ordered the Mr Gasket one. I vaguely remember using one many years ago when I put a 360 in my 74 Charger. 25 plus years ago. My memory is not what it used to be.

Too late. It's already on order LOL. Besides, it will give the old school drag car look I want.
I had the adapter too, still have it just in case I change my mind. I had been using the shorty WIX 51068 filter but replaced it with the fill size WIX 51515 and a heat shield.

Good Luck!

20220729_114323.jpg

20220729_114330.jpg

20220729_115426.jpg

20220729_115357.jpg

-
Back