Oil Light-Loose Wire...???

-

victordemise

1964 Dart 270 4 Door
Reaction score
While setting the timing on my 273, it seems I knocked the wire loose that controls my oil light in the dash.

I just found the wire (passenger side, running along the valve cover, toward the firewall) with a clip on the end, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where it came from, or went to.
First I thought, somewhere off the firewall.
Then I realized, while starting the car, that the oil light didn't light up with the key in the accessory position-
"Ahhh...." I thought, "Must've come off the oil sensor thingy. That ought to be easy to find!"
So I popped the hood and looked around, and I think I found the sensor, only, it has no tab to attach the clip to (so either I snapped it off, or I'm missing something entirely!!)
:munky2:
I think that's the sensor, on the top of the block, near the distributor, on the passenger side-but I see no tab, (broken off or otherwise).

Where's this dang wire supposed to go?

it goes on the back of the oil pump on the slant six cars not sure the v8's

Google the mopar oil pressure sender. Once you see it you will recognise it and how that wire connecter slids onto its button like connecter on the top of it.

Duh. (F**king, Duh!!!)
Jeez. It was right there.
It just wasn't what I was looking for. (I was looking for a more rectangular tab, like most other wire clips under the hood.
The clip slipped right on.
Boy is MY face red!! (And my fingers are a bit black too.)
Thanks!!!
V.D.

-
Back