Oil on closed intake valves

-

scrowe

Reaction score
Found oil likely mixed with coolant sitting on closed valves. Last week had coolant in the crank case due to what I thought was a loose intake manifold. Did a pressure check of the cooling system and only found two very small leaks, one due to a loose hose clamp and one from the thermo housing. I Replaced the gasket torqued manifold to spec. After running motor for an hour I noticed some weeping around ports. Decided to replace again and found this. Should I reassemble and do compression or leakdown test or take a different path. Starting to think head gasket....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 157
you still have it like the pic,might as well pull the heads and see what you can see....:-\"

How many miles are on it? What do the rest of the intake ports look like?

If it were me I'd do a leakdown (which can be done cold and without the intake). Even cold the leakage should be higher but even for all holes. It looks to me like if the heads were not gone through out of the box there might be seat and/guide issues, or there may be ring seal issues, or head gaskets, or all of the above. Coolant will be blown all through the intake so it's not a big surprise if one had a leak the others might show something. I can tell you - that ain't right or normal. So i'd do the diagnostics that you can, but expect to pull those heads.

-
Back