Oil pan for 416

-

moparmade43

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 416 going into a 75 duster. I currently have a used moroso deep sump pan and pickup that I was planning on running on the engine. However, I noticed that the sump is almost 10" deep and I am worried that this will be a problem on the street. I have seen Milodon has a low profile 7 quart oil pan that is wider so it is not as deep. I know that I will have around $350 for this pan and pickup, but it is more than worth it if it keeps the oil in my engine and off the ground! I have two questions.

Is this pan a much better street choice than the pan I have? Has anyone run this pan on a duster? I have the TTI headers and it is an automatic car, but It is a full manual valve body so I have no linkage other than the cable for the shifter. Anybody know if I will have any fit issues?

Also, do they make a windage tray that will work with this pan for a 4" stroke for the 416? Or will it not clear the crank, or is it even needed with this pan?

I appreciate all your replies, this is the last thing before I dyno this engine.

Thanks, Will

I have a 69 Barracuda and I am going through the same thing with a 408 stroker. I'm looking at the Kevko M302 (6qt for 360 8" deep) and M301-1 pickup which are listed at $170.00 and $40.00 at kevko.com. I contacted them and they said it would fit just fine. There is also another FABO member that is using one on an earlier A-Body without issue. I'll be keeping an eye on the post for more information.

Eric

Hey guys, I've got a 416 going into a 75 duster. I currently have a used moroso deep sump pan and pickup that I was planning on running on the engine. However, I noticed that the sump is almost 10" deep and I am worried that this will be a problem on the street. I have seen Milodon has a low profile 7 quart oil pan that is wider so it is not as deep. I know that I will have around $350 for this pan and pickup, but it is more than worth it if it keeps the oil in my engine and off the ground! I have two questions.

Is this pan a much better street choice than the pan I have? Has anyone run this pan on a duster? I have the TTI headers and it is an automatic car, but It is a full manual valve body so I have no linkage other than the cable for the shifter. Anybody know if I will have any fit issues?

Also, do they make a windage tray that will work with this pan for a 4" stroke for the 416? Or will it not clear the crank, or is it even needed with this pan?

I appreciate all your replies, this is the last thing before I dyno this engine.

Thanks, Will

I run the low pro 7 quart pan and love it. I have TTI and 4inch crank. You can not get the windage tray for this application as far as I know.

I think Milodon has a windage tray that will work with a 4 in cranknand a moroso pan. Have seen guy's fabricate there own too.

I did not have any problem with the 4" crank - but the 4 bolt mains were an issue for me.

Tray on Engine Final 1 (Small).jpg

Tray on Engine Final 2 (Small).jpg

Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

Koryliss, is that a factory windage tray or aftermarket?
My factory pan hits the crank on a couple of rods when I rotate the engine by hand

fwaugh, thanks for the confirmation, looks like the milodon pan for me, although the kevko sounds like a much cheaper alternative?

Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

Koryliss, is that a factory windage tray or aftermarket?
My factory pan hits the crank on a couple of rods when I rotate the engine by hand

fwaugh, thanks for the confirmation, looks like the milodon pan for me, although the kevko sounds like a much cheaper alternative?

moparmade43, Factory pan... 1970 340. Ok... so there may have been a little bending involved (-:

Are you liiking at the Milodon 30936 or 30935 low profile they sell? Please keep me posted on fitment and what your over all experience is. I will be making a decision later next week on which to go with.

Thanks,
Eric

fwaugh, Can you tell me the part # of the pan you're using? I need something that will clear the crossmember in my '64, hopefully without mods.

I'm running a milodon pan on my 416 in my 70' duster,you need to notch a small section out of the frame to get it to clear properly,i'm also using the factory windage tray..

I'm not sure which part number it was Eric, but I believe there is only one low profile milodon for the 340. Thats the one I'm looking at.

340srule, was that the low profile milodon or deep sump milodon you have in your '70?

I'm not sure which part number it was Eric, but I believe there is only one low profile milodon for the 340. Thats the one I'm looking at.

340srule, was that the low profile milodon or deep sump milodon you have in your '70?

I believe its either the 30935 (8qt) or the 30936 (7qt).

Mines the low profile 7 quarts...

im running the KEVCO in my duster, complete with pan reinforcement rails, crank scraper, windage tray, trap doors, etc. the whole nine, man. and i absolutely love it. after i painted it, it almostr looks stock. cleared everything with plenty of room to spare, and is the highest clearance oil pan i have ever used on that car. id reccomend it to anyone.

michael

yea i dont recomend using that moroso deepsump pan, have one and i havent punched a whole in it yet (knocking on wood) but if i where to do it all over again i would definetly get some kind of lowprofile pan just for the peace of mind

im running the KEVCO in my duster, complete with pan reinforcement rails, crank scraper, windage tray, trap doors, etc. the whole nine, man. and i absolutely love it. after i painted it, it almostr looks stock. cleared everything with plenty of room to spare, and is the highest clearance oil pan i have ever used on that car. id reccomend it to anyone.

michael

Do you have a picture of this pan? I like the idea but I need to know if it is at all wider than stock. I have a tight drivers side clearance with the exhaust and the oil pan. A picture or measurment or even your description would help alot.

Picture143.jpg

Picture1232.jpg

JennMikesweddingbyCC024.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture008.jpg

plenty of clearance all the way around on mine. 69 dart K frame, 73 up steering linkage, TTI headers. no clearance problems anywhere. hope these pictures help.

Michael

on the milodon you can use the windage tray on the 8qt but not the low profile 7qt with 4" crank

Dusterbd13, I like the way that oil pan looks, and I like the cost compared to the Milodon. Is that the M301/M302 pan, 8" deep? Also, do you have a 4" stroke crank, or stock? Do you know if this will work well with a stroker crank? If so that is the way I'm going.

Thanks,

Will

its the M302.
my 360 is stock stroke, so i dont exactly know if it will clear the 4 inch crank, but it looked like there should be plenty of room. call the company. i have always found their tech guys to be top notch and the customer service second only to the guys at summit. (sorry, but they guys at summit have my vote for all time best customer service on the planet.)

hope that helps.

michael

moparmade43, I contacted Kevko via e-mail and they said it will clear my 4" stroker crank fine. I have yet to order mine, but will be doing so soon. I will not be installing my engine until we get some 60 degree days here in Ohio. Below is what they sent me and my question

-------------------------------------------
It will work . Shipping 2-3 days $10.00-14.00.
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:20 AM
Subject: Mopar SB 408 stroker pan price and questions

>I am in the process of building a 408 stroker based on a Mopar 360 small
> block, and might need an oil pan and pickup.
>
> I am interested in the M302 and M301-1 with are listed at $170.00 and
> $40.00.
> This will be used in a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda and I was wondering how
> ground clearance might be on the car, I am also running stock suspension,
> TTI SB headers and using the mini starter. I would also like to know if
> the
> pan and pickup will clear the crank and rods, in a normal stroker
> situation. I realize that you can not gaurantee anything, because of the
> differences in cars and engines.
>

-