oil pan mods?

-

Badvert65

Long Time Mopar Nut
Reaction score
OK, I have made the inquiries for the Mike Jeffrey Windage Tray. Now, another question for you serious slant six racers. What oil pans are you using, and what sort of modifications work best (add baffles, etc).
I only plan to take this motor apart once (this year) so I want to take care of as many details as I can.
-Matt

I put slosh baffles in mine. Did several slant pans over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 410
For drag racing, I dropped the sump about 2 inches, and added baffles similar to Darter6. If you are going to carve corners, you will have to do a lot more. Maybe a side "kickout" and/or trap doors.

Thanks Guys. This is a drag application. I can buy all the stuff for the big block but I figured I would have to make stuff for the slant six. If it was easy, everybody would do it.
-Matt

Hey, Badvert65, There is a slant six race in Hagerstown Md at Mason-Dixon dragway, the weekend of May 16-17. Don't really know where you are in Va, but might want to come over and talk to a bunch of slant six racers. You are even welcome to race.

I am seriously considering attending that race. It's about a 2 hour drive. I would prefer to freshen up the engine a bit before hand.
-Matt

Dang I wish I could make it. Not in the cards this year.

More like 2700 or so,plus I'm fresh out of slants at this time. I do have a plan...........

I put slosh baffles in mine. Did several slant pans over the years.

Hey I'm gonna do that while mine is apart. Thanks.
Though with the 9" brakes (for now) and /6 power, It's not like my oil will be sloshing very much. :)

Slosh baffles mostly to keep the front and rear seals from a flood of oil under hard braking and acceleration.

-
Back