Oil pan options for '99 Magnum 360

-

octanejunkie

Mopar Padawan
Reaction score
So the oil pan I got with my motor is an LA 360 and doesn't fit the 1-piece gasket that came in my complete engine kit gasket set for 5.9L magnum.

Googling around, I find PN 53020918 for the 360 Mag, but what are the aftermarket options?

Looking for an oil pan now...

So the oil pan I got with my motor is an LA 360 and doesn't fit the 1-piece gasket that came in my complete engine kit gasket set for 5.9L magnum.

Googling around, I find PN 53020918 for the 360 Mag, but what are the aftermarket options?

Looking for an oil pan now...

Call Mancini Racing, and ask for Art.
He will know exactly what you need and hook you up.

I have the luxury of being able to pop in there anytime since they are local to me. They will DEFINITELY be able to help you.

What are you trying to put this motor into BTW?

I can't help you, but if you are interested in selling the LA pan, send me a pm as I would be interested..thanks and good luck!

Just use the LA gasket, it'll seal up on the magnum. & I'll add this is when useing the LA timing cover too.

Sence "BONEHEAD" likes making remarks but gives no imput, shows his ignorance.

Spoke with Art at Mancini, he said "any 360" pan should work, I would just have to seal the corners where the step is.

He also told me there was an "odd ball" year of the magnum, can't remember what he was referring to,. but my front and rear seals are different diameters - the rear is smaller.

Could I solve this with a different gasket that has a taller rear seal?

I JB welded the front corners of the LA pan where the gasket leaves air. If you get excess on there sand it off.

Looks like I have two basic choices, buy a new pan or use a different gasket.

Looking at pans, Summit has a stock replacement pan http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3536/ but perhaps I can add some volume

Milodon has a few pan options, including a stock replacement for $132, and much more expensive race pans, which I am sure I don't really need

Kevko has an M302 pan that will fit http://www.kevkoracing.com/mopar.htm, it is a 6-qt pan and according to them, negates the need for a windage tray - I like the idea of slightly larger capacity w an HV pump for a street machine

Alternatively, I can keep the current pan and use a different gasket, cheapest option, but I like a 1-piece gasket and am not sure if one exists for my application - does anyone know?

octane...i have a 92 5.9 mag in a 1964 valiant....on my engine the rear of the pan is the problem it is smaller then the LA360 pan i bought as i was told it would fit.....i am buying anew pan one the will fit hope this help you......bonehead

Think I'm gonna go with the Kevko pan and pickup.

They tell me I won't need my windage tray since their pan has an integral crank scraper - sounds like the best move to me.

-
Back