Oil pressure

-

Still runnin

Reaction score
My 440 loses oil pressure when I run the crap out of it for just a couple seconds....80psi on startup holds 40-60 normally.if I stomp it it goes to 0 for 2 seconds and I can hear the top end rattle.....I was adding extra qt of oil...seamed to help some. Please help!!! 187 oil pan, modded hemi pickup tube.

I just repaired a cracked "modified" oil pick-up, that wasn't braced , its braced now !

IMG_20230428_102139_333.jpg

Any pics of how to baffle a stock pan?
A factory baffled 854 pan:
854oilpanc.jpg

Take a look at various pans and how they're baffled, you can get as basic (above) as you need to, or as elaborate as you want (hinged/spring loaded doors, swinging pickups). The intent is all the same: keep the oil in the sump and not sloshing to the rear or sides, keeping the pickup covered.

Looks easy to make..are the diamond shaped for oil to drain in the sump?

Make a couple of cardboard templates to duplicate what is shown above, cut sheet metal duplicates, and weld them in or have someone weld them in for you.

Absolutely correctamundo.

not so fast , at a Chrysler seminar in OKC , back in the day , MR.Tom Hoover said that a hemi pickup should ideally be 3/8'' off the bottom .
The 1968 hemi I bought out of a 68 roadrunner didnt have it on the bottom from the factory .........

not so fast , at a Chrysler seminar in OKC , back in the day , MR.Tom Hoover said that a hemi pickup should ideally be 3/8'' off the bottom .
The 1968 hemi I bought out of a 68 roadrunner didnt have it on the bottom from the factory .........
I think if mine was flat on the bottom it wouldn't be able to suck anything because it is flat

The OP is asking about his 440 not a hemi, if the pick-up screen is a "hooded type" the bottom should rest on the oil pan.

Screenshot (120).png

My short term fix is run 2 extra qts of oil and not hit the go pedal until I collect my parts!!!!

-
Back