Oil pressure

-

DRDIESEL

PapaClutch
Reaction score
318x block w2 heads bored stroked, built to race specs. 40 wt oil. Melling high pressure and volume pump
What would oil pressure be while Running the pump with 1/2 variable drill ( cold)

I hope your not keeping the 40 grade oil after break in.

If you have full groove bearings you should be in the high 40’s to low 50’s and that also depends on internal leaks and your bearing clearances. If you didn’t block the oil off to the lifters you can knock 7-8 pounds off of that.

If you have half groove mains you should be in the low to high 50’s, maybe a skosh more depending on the things outlined above.

This question cannot be answered. If you have flow to all the points you can monitor (valves etc) and pressure, they the drill has done it's job

I've had half inch drills all the way from
1....Which looked just like a 3/8 "one hand" drill
2....Which looked like a real drill but could be stalled by one guy
2...One which could BARELY be stalled and you BETTER be thinkin' about it and HANGING ON
3...One which NObody I know could stall it
4...And one old B&D industrial in a drill press which 2 or 3 men could not stall.

B&D_press.jpg

My 408 with crossover oil mods full groove mains,30w break in oil,Melling M72HV does 72psi from 1/2 speed to full speed,and 35psi turning the drill 1/4 speed or less.

-
Back