Oil pump model fitment question

-

SpriceyStuff

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a question about oil pumps. Mine appears to be leaking, and I have a brand new one in the trunk, but it’s a different model, although it claims to fit the same way, and came with a gasket clearly design for the one that’s currently on the engine. I’ll attach images so you can see the difference between the two. I just need to know if the new one will fit without causing any issues. Thanks in advance. The first image is the old model, and the second is the new model.

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_2114.jpeg

Either pump will work. However there have been some problems with gaskets. Look at this thread for info about the gasket.
[/URL][/URL]
Thank you! I’ll check that out, although when I installed the pump last time I ended up making my own gasket anyway. It’s not that one that’s leaking though it’s the outside case one. Looks like I gotta replace my fuel pump for the second time in 2 years cause my oil is full of gas again. Pain.

That's our own @Badvert65 Matt. I've gotten a few things from him. I want one of his slant 6 lifting brackets and I'll get me one when I have a little extra dough. He's a good dude.

He also had a better oil pump to block gasket. but I don't see any listed-on E-bay now.
I think Matt's had some supply issues. Imagine that. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out eventually.

Thanks for the kind words, my wife and I have been battling some health issues, but things are looking up.
I ran out of the oil pump gaskets but I am having more made and should be back in stock soon.
Now, back to the regularly scheduled post.

Hey guys. I have a question about oil pumps. Mine appears to be leaking, and I have a brand new one in the trunk, but it’s a different model, although it claims to fit the same way, and came with a gasket clearly design for the one that’s currently on the engine. I’ll attach images so you can see the difference between the two. I just need to know if the new one will fit without causing any issues. Thanks in advance. The first image is the old model, and the second is the new model.

View attachment 1716225549

View attachment 1716225550
The first one is OEM or an older replacement. The newer ones are like the bottom one, only use 5 bolts to mount. If it's just the outer cover gasket leaking fel pro and victor used to have the o ring to seal that, shouldn't have to even pull the pump out to fix that

The first one is OEM or an older replacement. The newer ones are like the bottom one, only use 5 bolts to mount. If it's just the outer cover gasket leaking fel pro and victor used to have the o ring to seal that, shouldn't have to even pull the pump out to fix that
Yeah that’s an exciting prospect cause I really didn’t want to have to pull the oil pump until I’m ready to rebuild the motor. The pump works fine. It’s just having trouble because the oil has been thinned out by gas lol. I had to buy gasket material and make my own gasket(pump to block) because I couldn’t find anyone that had the gaskets in stock so I really really don’t want to have to replace that. It only appears to be the outer plate that’s leaking, so if I can grab me one of them O-Rings I should be good to go for another 50 years lol

It's not just a regular o ring. It's closer to the same thing as the pump to block gasket type thing but a "skinny donut". Last time I needed it I was able to go to either auto zone or O'Reilly's and had it in a day.

-
Back