oil temp sending unit low deck

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
where do you guys install the prob....low deck filled to bottom of water pump holes....

never used one, never really needed to know the temp of oil in motor or trans, just used the water temp to tell when motor was ready to go. what helps an alcohol motor is a heating pad or two on the bottom of the oil pan. heat up the motor before going to the track to get heat into the oil. after coming home heat it back up to clear out the water and alcohol out of the oil. get and old vacuum cleaner and vacuum out the motor while doing it.

I'd put it in the pan myself... might be a pain in the *** to do but that is where the heat would be, any place else oil is just splashed or no place to get into an oil galley

never used one, never really needed to know the temp of oil in motor or trans, just used the water temp to tell when motor was ready to go. what helps an alcohol motor is a heating pad or two on the bottom of the oil pan. heat up the motor before going to the track to get heat into the oil. after coming home heat it back up to clear out the water and alcohol out of the oil. get and old vacuum cleaner and vacuum out the motor while doing it.

great point bob....what you got going on tomorrow...if your free give me a call early if you can...

-
Back