Ok Desktop Dyno Guys. Hook me up.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Here is the engine that I am getting ready to throw together. Give me some horsepower and Torque numbers please. Stock bottom end 73 318. Stock pistons .060 in the hole. .026 head gaskets. 5.2 magnum heads with factory 1.6 rockers. Comp XE256H (256 intake-268 exhaust- lift .447-.455 110 [email protected]) Magnum dual plane intake. Holley 600 6619 carb. Hooker Comp 3" headers. Dual 3" exhaust thru flowmasters. Accel vacuum advance distributor. MSD 6AL box. Thanks FABO. You rock!

Let me know if you see any issues with this combo Please.

Go to compcams.com and download their dyno program for free. You are using one of their cams so they'll have the specs on that easily attainable.

http://www.compcams.com/CAMQUEST/

Just for ***** and giggles I ran the combo,as Ive done that or very similar a few times. Program claims 340 h.p and 384 tq with wedge heads and pocket porting at 9:1. I do have stock magnum flow #s around here somewhere, in a mag. I'll see if I can find em.

Its somewhat accurate if you feed it the right info... especially head flow numbers! If those are off, forget it. On my motor, it was very close to what the drag strip told me.

Are the pistons flat tops with no reliefs or dish? That makes a huge difference on compression ratio. I ran it as flat tops with no valve reliefs which makes the compression ratio 9.18:1 and used magnum head flow numbers BJR Racing posted a while back and came up with 315 hp at 5000 and 310 hp at 5500. Peak torque is 378 ft. lbs. at 3500. Now figure this is if the engine is properly dyno tuned. You should be able to hit the 300 you want with home tuning.

-
Back