Ok I finally got ENOUGH!!!

-
Stay away from the Coy Wheels. I had one of my front wheels start pitting.I have not had them on the car for more then 4 months. I called Coys and they only give a 90 day warranty against pitting. After talking to them i agreed to pay for a new wheel so they can send me a new one without me having to wait. I still don't know if they our going to warrenty it. They charged my card and its going on three months without a new wheel. Its a good thing i did not send them the bad wheel first. I called them several times and they keep giving me excuses that they don't have the right size in stock 4 1/2 inch backspace. They only have 4 1/4. It only gets better because my original order was 4 1/4 inch backspace and they sent me the wrong ones. I did not realize they were wrong until after i had them mounted. I called them and they told me that all they were going to sell was 4 1/2 inch backspace. Well i guess they changed policy.. The wheels looks good but i regret buying the Coy brand.

D- none of the above? IMHO they all kind of look like ricer wheels ,especially with all the backspacing they have. AbodyJoe has a nice set of 17`s on his Dart that would look good on your car. I`m not sure what make they are but it would be easy to find out.
Im sorry but everyone and there sister has those, im just trying to be different

looks like if i get the #3's im getting 235/55/17 for the Rear and 205/40/17 for the front These will just be Street and show wheels, the 15x8 ralleys i have will be mounted with 255 or 275 mickey radials

None, but I'm not into the modern looking wheels like that unless they are on a modern looking car like a BMW or Benz.

I'd personally opt for a set of cragars , but that's just me.

205/40x17 will be totally the wrong size.
The wheels pictured look like fwd offset/backspace style wheels, you had better check on width and backspace 8" wheel with 4" backspace is a 0 offset wheel. the look like more of a 17x7 wheel with 40 or so positive offset, made for jap cars not our cars, unless you can get them with the right width and offset.

go with an 17/18 x 7 on front with a 215/50x17 or 225/40x18 on front and 17/18 x 8 with 245/45x17 or 245/40x18 on the rear with an offset of no more than 15p

The back spacing is HPO meaning towards the street and i believe on another site i saw they are 20mm offset so i think it is backspacing of 4.7874 or 5.287

its 5 1/4 spacing which is way to much so, I think its time for different rims =(

OK heres the deal.
#3 have to much backspacing...5 1/4 for my Rear
SO, When I put my B-Boday 8 3/4 in I wil get them becasue it will help make up the difference

205/40x17 will be totally the wrong size.
The wheels pictured look like fwd offset/backspace style wheels, you had better check on width and backspace 8" wheel with 4" backspace is a 0 offset wheel. the look like more of a 17x7 wheel with 40 or so positive offset, made for jap cars not our cars, unless you can get them with the right width and offset.

go with an 17/18 x 7 on front with a 215/50x17 or 225/40x18 on front and 17/18 x 8 with 245/45x17 or 245/40x18 on the rear with an offset of no more than 15p

why 245/45???? I need a 27in tire thats why 235/55

OK im confusing the crap out of my self
The wheels that ABODYJOE HAS for 17x8 have Wheel Backspacing: 5.72" (145mm) Wheel Offset: +30mm (1.18")

and the ones i want 17x8 have 20mm offset and 5 1/4 backspacing does that mean the ones i want should fit?

Hey Guys,

I like #3 wheels myself,but what I really like is the orange Duster you used as an example. That's 7DUSTER3's Duster- my son, I really enjoy seeing other people use his avatar.It makes me happy to see that someone else likes his combo.
MR.7DUSTER3

ya I really like his car, can you find out the specs for his wheels? Thanks

This is just photo chopped so we dont have the wheels and tires picked out yet. I am reading your post to get better ideas for wheels/tires

Bob

ook ya, lots of people have 17x8 with 5 plus backspacing, but i dont know how they got them to fit with no mods.

If you've got the 73+ disc brake suspension in front, the way you get a 17" or larger wheel with 5.7" of backspace to fit is to...

... bolt them on. Of course you have to make sure that the center bore of the wheel is Mopar size, ditto for the bolt pattern, and shoot for a width of 8" or less. The limiting factors for fitting large backspace wheels are the outer tie rod ends (OTRE's) and the upper ball joints. The UBJ is the limit on wheels below 17", and the rule of thumb is 14 & 15" wheels can usually tolerate up to 4.25-4.50" of backspace; 16" wheels can tolerate up to 5.0", and 17" wheels can tolerate up to 5.5" of backspace. An 18" wheel is pretty much up and over the UBJ so you probably don't have to worry about interferance there any more. Always check, though.

Typical 1994-2004 Mustang wheels have about 5.7" of backspace, and lots of folks (including myself) use those with great success. However, some folks with otherwise identical suspensions can't tolerate quite that much BS, so a thin spacer might be required to clear the OTRE. Again, going to an 18" wheel MAY get you around the OTRE so you MIGHT be able to run really big backspace - like 6.5" or so, and allow you to tuck 9" wheels and 275 tires under the front end. You have to do LOTS of measuring at this point, and you have to pay close attention to how the wheel is actually constructed. I've got a high-offset 18" wheel that won't clear the OTRE because the forged wheel rim was spun with a strange drop in it so right where the OTRE wants to sit, the wheel acts like a 17" wheel. Rats.

I also know that a 245/45-17 fits great up front, at least on my 69 Valiant. It's close to the rear outer fender bolt, but a panhead bolt would fix that easy. I HAVE fit a 275/40-17 up front on the same 5.7" BS Mustang wheel, but a tad more BS would make it fit better. Ditto for the rear - where I'm using a 65-67 B-body rear with relocated A-body spring perches. On a stock A-body-width rear, you'd need about 3/4 to 1" of spacer to make the Mustang offset work.

Oh, and I like #3 as well. Nice and clean, and it looks light, too. Any idea what those wheels weigh? Among those three choices, I'd choose the lightest and go from there.

Clair

The Wheel weight doesnt matter to me.. just the looks.. These arent for racing.

Lighter wheels and tires will make a car perform better in every way - ride, handling, acceleration, mpg...

C

Ya, but the motor wont really be a MPG motor haha with around 400 plus hp
I just want the car to Look Good

All that clair.davis said: ditto!

I removed and capped the zerk fitting on the uca, otherwise, no issues on the front with 17x8 cobras. on the back, with A body 8 3/4 rear, I JUST cleared the leafs with a 5/16 spcer but it looked kinda funny and the spacers were cheapo junk. since I have longer studs I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find spacers thicker than 1/2" without the extra studs installed.

finally found these:
http://store.go-fast-parts.com/tire---wheel-spacer.html

I'm using the 3/4" spacers until I can get a B body rear. I'm just not comfortable using anything thicker, even temporarily.

-
Back