Ok Nancy

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Guy has an all original 1965 GTO 4 speed 389 Tri Power that he bought new in 65 and is afraid to drive it because he might get stranded or have to call a tow truck.

I called him a Nancy and I think he got mad. :D

IMG_2342.png

His garage is a museum. Some cars are like that though. I wouldn't worry about the tow truck but how about all the idiots on cell phones?

I helped a customer do a ground up on one of those. And now we're gonna take the perfect running 400 out because he got a 389 tripower and the put a 454 stroker kit in it so I could update this next year when I help him put that in.. It's all done and the tripower are all ready to go...
IMG_20191206_131917.jpg

IMG_20191206_131942.jpg

IMG_20200217_135749.jpg

IMG_20191031_115446.jpg

IMG_20191217_131509.jpg

IMG_20200604_114616.jpg

IMG_20201228_112402.jpg

PXL_20210707_203633059.jpg

IMG_20210409_125523.jpg

I like that picture of it without all the Chrome. But since that picture he's got all the Chrome on the wheels and below the doors... We've done the TKO 5 speed, vintage air Electric windows, remote electric door locks all the goodies.

I reckon that makes me a Nancy to some degree. I won't drive Vixen very far if it's close to the end of the month and we don't have much money in the bank. If something happens to her, I want to be able to afford a tow home. But she's in the wind the first part of the month.

I kind of understand his fear of the car breaking down; kind of. Being afraid to drive it around town is silly. If he can afford a car like that, he can likely afford a tow job. Driving it a long distance is different. I can understand the fear of driving a 50+ year old car a long distance. I've had my 69 340 Barracuda for about 35 years now. I did a full restoration on it after I bought it. Then, after about 20 years, it was starting to look a little ragged around the edges. So I blew it completely apart again and completed the second restoration about 9 years ago. Over the past 30 years, I drove the car a lot. I drove it to some car shows that were about an hour to an hour and a half away. It used to make me nervous, but I eventually realized the motor was more than up to the task. What really built up my confidence was when I drove it to a car show about 3.5 hours away about 4 years ago. It ran great the whole way. I can't tell you how exhilarating it was to get all the waves, honks and thumbs up. That drive did more to build up my confidence in not only the car as a whole, but my ability to build a good motor than anything. So my advice to everyone is to drive your car.

to be fair, maybe he's afraid to show it around town with those rim on it?

*vomits a little in mouth*

I drive my Plymouth regularly to the track 70 miles away west (once your 10 miles inland you're almost in the Outback). At night. One time we got home after midnight, another time we got caught in a huge storm. When I say 'we' it's me and my teenage son. He was 12 when he started coming on these trips, now I let him drive occasionally (he's on his learner plates).
I've driven in heavy freeway traffic through roadworks where there is no breakdown lane and if something happens I wouldn't be everyone's favorite driver.
So far I've had no issues.
You have to have some excitement in your life.
20230630_182951.jpg

I have a few vehicles that are really nice but not trailered. People will ask if I do so. The pleasure is in the driving them. The down side is traffic and other drivers

You have to have some excitement in your life.
Amen, brother. Otherwise, boredom sets in and your body withers away. I was in the Air Forse for 20 years, and I travelled the world. One of the few places I never got to was Australia. It looks like an awesome place, and I hope to get there some day.

-
Back