OK, now I'm excited

-

Hadahemi

Reaction score
You guys might remember a few weeks back I posted some pics of the 72 Demon 340 I just bought. The engine was out of it, but is a numbers matching complete motor. Well the car has been sitting on the trailer until today, since mother nature and my work schedule both decided that I shouldn't have time to spend on it. Now its off the trailer and I had a chance to confirm the numbers on the tranny and its the original!! I also found the numbers on the radiator support, but havent found the cowl or rear deck numbers, maybe you guys could give me an idea where to look for those. Anyway, I'm on vacation this week and my son is on spring break, so we are spending the week workin on projects. I'll post some pics as the week goes on. Meanwhile, happy Easter to all.

I'll bet you a paycheck that you could have that Demon on the road in a week!

No bet, I'm unlucky that way, but we just might breathe some fire in her before the week is up. Stay tuned!!

Let me know if you need a hand Hadahemi, I'll be available after working hours.:-D

Good for you and your son!!:cheers: That sounds great!!
Keep a close look out for your fingers and toes,
We don't want to see that kind of pictures.:tongue9:
Happy Easter to you and yours too.

My son's are still circle track racing.#-o

But that could be my fault.:rock:

I hope yall have a good one. :thumbrig:

LIFE 241.jpg

LIFE 246.jpg

For the rear deck numbers, you will likely need to remove the trunk lid weather stripping.Sounds like a great project, good luck with it. Enjoy the holiday with your son too.

Not too much progress on the Demon, I looked for the rear deck vin and had no luck, but the wind was gettin to my already scratchy throat so we moved into the garage. Got the 340 situated so its out of the way for now... heres a pic of the engine. Then we got on to the real project at hand right now, which is the Prostreet S10. I know, I know, but this project was started before all the others and needs to get finished to get some garage space back. Got the 454 and turbo 400 just sitting in the engine compartment for now to simulate the weight on the front end. That took most of the day, and no pic yet , tomorrow we can mock up the rearend and take some measurements for the 4 link bars. Hopefully we can find the deck vin on the Demon as well, and then start the search for the broadcast sheet. All in all, day one of vacation went real good, can't wait for tomorrow. Stay tuned, I'll report progress as it happens.

340 016 (Small).jpg

-
Back