Ok now what!!!!?

-

MemphisDart

Reaction score
Took the dart out for a drive around the block, got someone coming to look at it tomorrow. Park in the garage and tried to restart to move it up further and this is what I get...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl0y9hplAQs&list=UUrsu8JFWwDyjWVtBxY9Crqg&index=1&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl0y9hplAQs&list=UUrsu8JFWwDyjWVtBxY9Crqg&index=1&feature=plcp:banghead:[/ame]

I just replaced my coil wire, then the coil. This is about the 3rd time I have done this on my mopars. Check for fire.

Probably either gas or spark,or lack of.
Take the air-cleaner off. Look down the carb,and pump the accelerator a couple times.
Do you see it getting gas ?
if not,spray some starting fluid in the carb,and turn it over.....Did it start ?
If its not getting gas you could have a bad fuel filter or fuel pump.
Second check for spark. Pull a plug wire off a spark plug. Stick a Phillips screwdriver
in it. Lay on a grounded area. Have someone turn the motor over,while you look for spark.
No spark ? Could be a number of things.
Do these 2 steps,and let us know what you find out.

Probably either gas or spark,or lack of.
Take the air-cleaner off. Look down the carb,and pump the accelerator a couple times.
Do you see it getting gas ?
if not,spray some starting fluid in the carb,and turn it over.....Did it start ?
If its not getting gas you could have a bad fuel filter or fuel pump.
Second check for spark. Pull a plug wire off a spark plug. Stick a Phillips screwdriver
in it. Lay on a grounded area. Have someone turn the motor over,while you look for spark.
No spark ? Could be a number of things.
Do these 2 steps,and let us know what you find out.

Will do thanks...Look down the carb already and it is getting gas...so if I have no spark what does that mean?

Could be something with the distributor, ecu, coil. Does it have points or electronic ign?

About having 2nd thoughts....hmmmmm. Better make up your mind quick and in a hurry! Lol.

I believe I have points...

Just went out and started car cold with no problems...fired right up

could it be ignition problem?

Probably an intermittant ground at the ECU, and chk that connector between the coil and the distributor for clean and tight.

If it's not points that is.

Pulled ballast and here's what it looks like...I didn't notice any broken parts or looseness

Attachments

• ballast.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 177
Run a 14 awg jumper wire (alligator clips) from BATT+ to coil+. That bypasses the ignition switch, bulkhead, ballast, and wiring. Testing only, the coil will overheat and misfire in ~5 minutes if you keep it like that.

Get a $4 in-line spark tester (Harbor Freight). Even if you sell the Dart, you can use it on almost any car with plug wires.

is it a slnt six? reset the valve adjustment .010 on intakes and .020 on exhausts with the engine hot......just sayin

-
Back