Ok Race Boys ~ school me Mopar Style

-
I had H.S. on my 340. 120+ passes @116mph. It now has a bunch of street miles on it too.

IM000082.jpg

As a witness of seeing this gals cars run I can tell ya she will have no problem getting the power she wants and dialed in perfect. We just need her to breathe Mopar instead of the bowtie brigade.

-RPM

when our season is over will have to get out to firebird an check it out

As about 98% of ya seem to know who I am now here is kinda what I am looking to do. This was my last BBC build. I will be doing the same prob to a Big Block Mopar for a Dart.

Motor
502 cid - eagle crank and rods- manley 13.5:1 pistons - Lunati 50222 roller cam 722 lift. - Dart Pro 1 325 cc Alum Heads 230/1.88 stainless valves. Dart stud girdles, Harland Sharp rockers - Jesel Belt drive, TCI Rattler Dampner Weind water pump - Team G intake - BG 1050 dominator carb - NOS Big Shot plate. Custom built 2 1/4 coated headers GZ motorsport vac pump.

9.8s at 137 on the 1/4 flat

So can a Mopar handle me ?

LL

Welcome to A bodies. If you are seriously thinking of building a mopar A body drag car then I think you are in for a lot of fun especially after all your experience with the big block chevys. Race cars come and go, (chevys Fords etc) but a mopar is almost sacred, kinda like the movie Christine (although Christine was not a mopar but you get the idea), or maybe like a plant that you talk to, water and feed etc . These old mopars seem to have soul and some may say even a heart beat. Anyway, my opinion is that you don't need a heavy boat anchor like a chevy 502 with all the bells and whistles to run the #s your looking for. Small block or big block mopar, it doesn't really matter, you can make either one of them do amazing passes down the track especially with your back ground and experience.
There are a lot of good people here on this site eager to help with knowledge and experience. Good luck with your build whatever it might be.

I was thinking of the girdle for the rocker studs on chevys but i guess theyre called guide plates . Mopars dont use rocker studs often. usually theyre shaft rocker setup. i know chev top ends are quite different and i dont fool with them. main girdle is highly reccomended

How you doing, (insert head nod)

From what I read you can handle a car no problemo. Do you have a budget in mind? OR does cash flow like crazy?

Is you car a race only and some street or street and some race. Trying get an idea here?

Personally the BBC is a great motor and cheap to go fast, but my issue isn't so much cheap it's boring. The BBM will cost more, but will garner you a lot more respect from the race crowd. Go crazy do something no one else is doing? Turbos? Huffer? Fuel injection? be creative and take the road less travel. Another project of mine is to build a Sweptline with 24 CTD and twins. I might be dreaming but I have to build up the $$$.

I see the list of goodies you have is pretty standard fair for the Gm crowd. The Jesel is a nice unit, but not completely necessary for BBM, the heads are key. Indy and Eddy make a fine set to begin with. Are you stuck in the Dart? What about a Valiant?
Just an idea or two

I can handle most cars (unless they break during hard launch ~lol) so building one wont be a issue. Money is not too big of a issue and I have access to lots of discounts too.

The Dart will be strictly race.

I am just trying to get ideas and have you all convince a bowtie girl that this would be kick ***. I have to admit from this site and the people on here I have met. The idea may become reality.

Thanks for your input.

LL

Do you have a specific block you have in mind? Small block, small block stroker, big block, big block stroker, hemi? No shortage of options to choose from.

As about 98% of ya seem to know who I am now here is kinda what I am looking to do. This was my last BBC build. I will be doing the same prob to a Big Block Mopar for a Dart.

Motor
502 cid - eagle crank and rods- manley 13.5:1 pistons - Lunati 50222 roller cam 722 lift. - Dart Pro 1 325 cc Alum Heads 230/1.88 stainless valves. Dart stud girdles, Harland Sharp rockers - Jesel Belt drive, TCI Rattler Dampner Weind water pump - Team G intake - BG 1050 dominator carb - NOS Big Shot plate. Custom built 2 1/4 coated headers GZ motorsport vac pump.

9.8s at 137 on the 1/4 flat

So can a Mopar handle me ?

LL

13.5:1 , Dart heads, and a huge roller and it only goes 9.80 ?

put the same in a 500" dodge with fully ported Indy heads, it will make more power. Thats just how it is ...

:cheers:

my buddy runs an E body with a 508" , mildly ported EDELBROCK Rpm heads, 620 lift roller , 13:1 . That car goes 9.20's , with a best of 9.14 i believe.

13.5:1 , Dart heads, and a huge roller and it only goes 9.80 ?

I never said that was as fast as it would go ;) That is just where I ran it and made the most consistant runs and the most consistant money. The car has ran 8's before.

LL

I never said that was as fast as it would go ;) That is just where I ran it and made the most consistant runs and the most consistant money. The car has ran 8's before.

LL

ok.... you should have said that in the 1st post. Sounded slow for the combo !

anyway, get away from the flock of sheep and they're camaros and BBC motors.......join up with the oddballs of Mopar --you will be glad you did ! :toothy10:

Tensec. Yes your car is a beast. LOL

I swear by Harlon Sharps I can adjust them to precision and never had a bit 'o problem with them myself.

Whats up with the stud girdle throw out ? I want to know why.

-LL

dart stud girdles are for rocker studs correct

-
Back