OK . . . so how do I put a value on parts?

-

Chris

Reaction score
So I'm parting out a 68 barracuda convertible and I'm having a problem putting a value on some parts. How do you put a price on something when you rarely find it for sale? Example: Small bolt pattern kelsey hayes disc brakes w/ spindles?

It seems like alot of A-body stuff, but mostly barracuda parts are almost non-existant. Just wondering if you folks have some suggestions?

Thanks

I usually take into consideration how desireable the part is and how much other people are selling theirs for, I usually price my stuff some what lower than what everyone else is asking if im wanting to push it fast.

I usually do a little bit of research to see what the "market value" is for parts like I am selling. Believe it or not, I also look at it as if my selling the part to someone needing it worse than me is doing them a favor - it helps them complete their project, and it's not doing me any good taking up space in my garage. I've even given stuff away, or swapped parts with someone for just the cost of shipping. Finally, I consider if my price is one that I would be willing to pay for the part, myself.

Jerry

Converible only pieces like top latches will sell quick. I'd watch ebay to get an idea what people are willing to bid for them.
As for stuff like the K-H brake parts, you'll have to find someone who wants/likes those. I wouldn't give a nickle for all of them but that's just me.
Bottom line , ebay is the best market value feeler.
As said before, if you find someone who has seached for a rare conv. only piece for several years you can sure be their hero. LOL

-
Back