The finest hedge trimmer in Iceland

The fastest swimmer in the Sahara Desert

The best barbecuer in Antarctica

The sharpest plastic butter knife at the first grade picnic

The prettiest girl in the all boys school

The biggest grain of sand

The smartest toad

Etc, etc, etc...LOL

Went to McD drive thru, ordered a plain hamburger. They verified my order on the screen. Got home and had a bun with nothing on it - no meat, no nothing.
I tried to get a Big Mac with NO special sauce once. I still wanted lettuce, cheese and pickles. What a cluster. After carefully explaining to the kid at least three times what I wanted, I got a bun with two burger patties on it. I guess I over stressed the kid's brain.
Also, if you want to have some fun, offer them some change AFTER they ring your payment in. For example, if your bill is $12.67 give them a twenty. After they ring in cash tendered $20, say, "Wait a second, I have 7 cents." It will blow their minds.

I tried to get a Big Mac with NO special sauce once. I still wanted lettuce, cheese and pickles. What a cluster. After carefully explaining to the kid at least three times what I wanted, I got a bun with two burger patties on it. I guess I over stressed the kid's brain.
Also, if you want to have some fun, offer them some change AFTER they ring your payment in. For example, if your bill is $12.67 give them a twenty. After they ring in cash tendered $20, say, "Wait a second, I have 7 cents." It will blow their minds.
I have done the change thing. lol

In all fairness to them, I will say that you get so used to the computer telling you what the change is that it is something that throws to brain off.

Didn't take long for me the switch gears to go from computer math to brain math, but it does take a few seconds to grind the ol' gears into moving again.

I love doing this at restaurants
If the bill is 26.18, I put it on a card and say "just make it an even 40"
That gets great looks every time

When parts come back, I always check them. They're taken out of the box and checked out thoroughly. If there is any indication of it being installed, it doesn't come back. Electrical and special order parts don't come back period.
Way to many people buy a part, install it and that doesn't fix their problem, then want to return it.

"I don't do loaner parts."

I actually had to kick a couple guys out of my store one time because they wanted to stand there and argue that the alternator they just bought didn't fix the problem when they were told over the phone they needed to wire in a voltage regulator on an early Cummins swap.

They even tried to return the new alternator with the old rusted hardware on it.

These were the same two geniuses who wanted to treat one of my employees as stupid because they told her they needed front calipers for a D350 and she kept pulling the wrong calipers.

Turns out they needed calipers for a W350.

Not only did they get a lecture on the difference of a four wheel drive versus a two wheel drive and knowing how to ask for the right parts, they also got a stern lecture on how to treat my employees.

"I don't do loaner parts."
I can't tell you how many times I've had someone bring in the timer module and tell me they want to order one. The 1st couple of times I did, after that, they had to tell me what they had and why they think it's bad before I would order it. "It's awful hot under there! So it has to be bad!" Got tired of explaining no returns on electrical parts, especially installed ones.

I ask O Reilly counter man for horn relay for my 71 Duster. I look inside the box ( pretty big box) and there sits a starter relay. The box has the past No. for the horn relay, takes me a while to tell him I DO know what a starter relay looks like.....

-
Back