OK, wtf would you narrow a 50 Chev cab???

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Ran across this on Fakebook. "I don't get it." They ain't very wide to begin with!!!! LOL

Chevcab.jpg

To possibly fit up to a small truck bed/frame? Like a Datsun, S10, Mighty Max, etc. Possibly one with a narrow short bed?

Ya probably race stuff. Sit in the middle. We built one a while ago. Ran into an outfit that will sell you a widened cab. Mar-k sells some good stuff. Just saying.

Can't imagine narrowing an early '50s truck cab. They are pretty cramped as they are.

View attachment 1715463920

I always wanted to build an early '30s open wheel car. But I would need to widen and lengthen the body so I could be comfortable in one. And I would need to lengthen the frame ahead of the firewall so I could mount the engine I'd like to run.

Best regards,

Harry
LORD GMC V12, AKA "twin V6's" LOL

To possibly fit up to a small truck bed/frame? Like a Datsun, S10, Mighty Max, etc. Possibly one with a narrow short bed?
They fit s10 chassis fairly well as is. Its a shame is what i say.

They fit s10 chassis fairly well as is. Its a shame is what i say.
People do stupid things to cars/trucks. My dad bought a rust free 67 Mustang coupe shell that someone cut the top and windshield frame off to make a "roadster". It's now becoming a 67 Fastback.

see alotta narrowed truck cabs in the modified class at mudd boggs, narrow frame and driver sets in middle!! thats a cool 702 gmc v/12!! thay were a gas hogg in trucks but did good running pumps and gensets!

A friend of mine once had a medium GMC truck had a V6 GMC DIESEL. The injectors went where the spark plugs fit in the gas V6 Makes you wonder "what came first" as they were a heavy SOM

Can't imagine narrowing an early '50s truck cab. They are pretty cramped as they are.

View attachment 1715463920

I always wanted to build an early '30s open wheel car. But I would need to widen and lengthen the body so I could be comfortable in one. And I would need to lengthen the frame ahead of the firewall so I could mount the engine I'd like to run.

Best regards,

Harry

I've always wanted to build a rod with the 702. I had a chance to get one when I was 17 and thought it was "just a pile of junk". I couldda had it for free. Dummy that I was.

LORD GMC V12, AKA "twin V6's" LOL

Yup a nickname that kinda doesn't fit, since it was a common block engine. 4 cylinder heads, two intake manifolds, four exhaust manifolds, common crankshaft and camshaft. Very unique indeed. You can have one custom made.

ThunderV12 - Home

People do stupid things to cars/trucks. My dad bought a rust free 67 Mustang coupe shell that someone cut the top and windshield frame off to make a "roadster". It's now becoming a 67 Fastback.
That’s what the kid who bought my 75 Scamp was planning to do with it. Thankfully he parked it behind his dads barn and never touched it again. I bought it back from him 6 years later.

-
Back