Old ads and pics from the good old days(updated 4:00pm)

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
Ok guys and Gals, Here is just a few that I loaded for right now. I will scan and post more later today.
So by tonight you will have a few old pics to look at for sure, So sit back and lets take a time trip back to yester year, Back when the cars were made of steel and crazy fast.

1968_G.sized.jpg

Cool! :thumleft:
Wow a pic. of Petty's Barracuda drag car,there was a story about it in MCG about a year ago.
If you didn't read it he started drag racing when Nascar banned the Hemi in 65.
They said he only made a few runs with it and something broke on the front suspension,ended up plowing into the stands and killing 2 people!
Afterwards the car was stripped of it's running gear and the body was buried in a pit on the Petty property.

Also it says that Petty buried most of his cars in the same pit after they were no longer wanted.The reason they were buried is because Plymouth didn't want them sold or parted after he was done with so he just buried them!
There was also supposed to be a brand new Superbird buried in there also,they claimed the car was never titled or registered.

Your posts keep getting better and better.
Big John Mazmanian was always one of my favorites

:salut: :salut: :salut:

I agree "onehellofadart" as Big John's red Cuda funny cars were always cool. I remember his nephew was the one who drove them a good bit for him.......Rick Siroonan I believe was his name. Ron

41 Willys Gasser! :thumleft:
That's my favorite kind of car of all time,if i could afford one i would definately own one! :D

-
Back