old body on new frame

-

Stone Runner

Reaction score
I was watching Street Customs and they put something like a 69 charger body on a 08 charger. Has anyone done this with an A body? I know it would be a total blasphemy to put a duster on a new mustang frame and suspension but the wheel base and track are close.

For less than the price of an alter k a person could pick up a salvaged challenger or stang. Just a thought.

The problem you can run in to is what year is the car, a 1969 or a 2008? The emission and safety rules--and road taxes are not even close. I believe most states would say its a 2008 and that stinks cause the car won't pass safety checks--no air bag, etc.

I agree it be cool to do--best to try to keep the old frame to keep it a 1969

I wonder'd about that as well....wish mother mopar would make a light nimble car to give us a-body guys a frame to work off of :)

This 'd be a great way to keep your new '08 from getting repoed. You just meld it right into your old body, and the new one disappears like magic

Man, I can't even imagine trying to tie two unibody cars together and having it look good and perform well when you're finished.

Man, I can't even imagine trying to tie two unibody cars together and having it look good and perform well when you're finished.

Good point, would be quite a challenge...probably not even worth undertaking it.

Where I live the VIN probably wouldn't matter, especially if it was painted John Deer green with a yellow racing stripe. It's just an oversized floor pan patch on a 40 year old car.

Basically I have a roller that needs about everything, plan on swapping in a 5.7 L, by the time I'm done with the body something new may come up.

-
Back