Old car guys and nursing homes

-

kursplat

Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2020-01-08-at-12.44.07-PM.png

It IS damn near that bad. When my Mom was in one of those boxes, she still could have watched TV, but she could not hear the damn thing, mostly because of ambient noise. I pushed them to allow some sort of extension speaker. They finally came up with a wireless deal THAT WAS A TOTAL FAIL

It had a transmitter device that AUTOMATICALLY went off the air if you muted the TV after a couple of minutes. Why is that bad?

Because the receiver/ transmitter had several channels, to allow for multiple units "I guess" BUT THE RECEIVER scanned rather than being manually selectable. Every time the transmitter went off, the receiver would scan for an active signal. Turns out, there was ANOTHER like unit that was on some organ music or something else. Took me several visits to realize the sound didn't match what was "on TV."

Anyhow I pushed them for a hard wired speaker. I had it all figured out, and finally got them to go along. I showed up to put it in, after getting the go ahead, and here was the GD maintenance guy, they had put the "NO" on the deal. I was PISSED

-
Back