Old Drag Racing pics

-
Shades of the 60's and 70's, I really miss those days and cars. Most of the people back then were there to race, but if you broke they were "all" there to help. Now days, there are only a select few who will roll up there sleeves and dive in to help a privateer racer. JMO. Sorry if I step on anyones toes.

Bill

that was cool i remember lots of those cars thanks:grin:

Shades of the 60's and 70's, I really miss those days and cars. Most of the people back then were there to race, but if you broke they were "all" there to help. Now days, there are only a select few who will roll up there sleeves and dive in to help a privateer racer. JMO. Sorry if I step on anyones toes.

Bill

He's right...........

Stories abound of "competitors" pitching in to help with parts or turning wrenches just to keep the event going.

They came to race

They came for that feeling of "Freedom" that comes when you hammer the throttle and go for all there is.

It's called "comradery".
Quotes:

"Birds of a feather flock together"

"When the Character of a man is not known by you, look at his friends"

"You can tell a man by his friends, and a bird by its feathers"

"People judge you by the company you keep"

As for myself, I choose to hang out with car guys.

A person could do a hell of a lot worse.

Some of you may recognize the name "Fiasco Automotive"

It may be that you know the name by reputation, this shop was #1 in Southern California.

Or, from the movie "The Hollywood Knights", yes, Fiasco was mentioned in that movie.

~ And here it is ~

Turn your speakers up
This vid has low volume

"Hey who put the tune on it?.....at 1:11

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alA30kThK8"]YouTube - Hollywood Knights...Jimmy Shine custom coupe! with sound[/ame]

Here is some picture of my father car
69Cuda.jpg

1971cuda.jpg

Thanks for the pics Tony, brings back great memories of when I used to go to the old Fremont Raceway with my Dad as a kid.

Mutt Bros that pic of your Dads 71 Cuda is AWESOME!!!!! That car just has "THAT LOOK"! Old school at it's finest. The hood scoop, the Keystone rims, fat tires and a nice stance.
Here is some picture of my father car
1971cuda.jpg

Love the pics, I live in pa. does anyone have pics. of a track called green pine, my dad & uncles raced there

-
Back