old fuel lines and brake lines -Replacement Where and How? Tech tips please!

-
Buy a 25' roll of 3/16" steel tube, a pack of fittings, get a flare tool, and go to work. On your F-body all the tube fittings are gonna be 3/8" except where it goes into the master.

Even the steel stuff is easy to bend and easy to flare.

Unions suck. Forget the pre-flared, pre-length stuff. Unions are just one more place to leak. Running full length from one end to the other minimizes your chances.

Fuel line? There's a place for rubber line. Replacing the entire pipe system ain't it. Use rubber just like the factory did, flex connection points and put in metal. Get a roll of 5/16" and get it done.

By the way, in my opinion Ni-cop isn't worth the money you spend on it. I've seen it corrode and leak quicker than steel. Too soft in my opinion and takes finesse to flare it without overflaring.

I've used these guys, they had lines for my AMX which is usually hard to find.

Screenshot_2019-01-17-10-03-27.png

I always call them, sometimes they may have more than what's listed on their site. I'm kinda old school and would rather talk to someone, I called when I bought mine, a friend at work recommended them to me, he got lines for his CJ7 there.

Got this from motor city musclecar off evilbay Has all the SAE fittings i need to do 1 car. 25' Coated steel line. Comes w 8' of stainless steel gravel guard. $19.99

Screenshot_20190120-104455.png

Like you I looked for pre bent F body lines, found zero. I did read on a forum that Inline Tube makes just the front line for the F body, but they can be 2 styles. I found nothing on their sire, so I would just call them and ask.
I have not started the task, but I had many people brag on that nickel/copper lines, so I ordered a roll and the armour for it too.

I bought a set of steel 3/8" fuel line from the internet. They were longer than my 5'9" height. They were only flared on one side so I got a Harbor Freight flare kit and an extra cutter. I have bent the steel lines before with the hand held bending thingy. It wasn't bad 12 years ago, just allot of effort. I went out like Rusty said and bought the 3/16" sectional pieces from the local parts store for brake lights. It has been cold, windy, and wet so no progress in the past several days.

-
Back