Old guy that is into Mopars

-

cracker

cracker
Reaction score
I'm a life long Mopar guy and I am currently building a 1976 Duster over the last 2 years. It has a narrowed ford 9" in it and sub frame connectors with the springs moved inboard and mini tubs that give me almost 15" inside. Me and a friend are building it and I am doing all of the work on the car and it has been a blast.Right now I am working on the motor which is a 500" stroker, Edelbrock performer RPM heads,purple shaft 590 solid cam and a victor with a HP double pumper Holley on it.The gear is a 4.57 with a locker and a 727 Trans. It has been a lot of work as all of you know but it is really starting to look beautiful and we are going to have some real fun with it before long. It is plum crazy in color with a black interior. I am an ex submarine sailor and did automotive work most of my life. I live in central Florida on the west coast and was born here in Tampa.

Welcome, and thank you for your service.
Sounds like you are going to have a fun Duster.
Post some pictures of your progress.

You have come to the right place, Cracker!
And, as has been said, thank you for your service.
C

Welcome! I'm wondering what kind of power that combo will make, a lot I'm guessing!!!

Every once in a while someone comes up with an epic screen name.
You are a winner and deserve some music.
And you were a submariner so from what I understand, you are an OK, level guy.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdlqjiQPAc"]Cracker - Low - YouTube[/ame]

I'm a life long Mopar guy and I am currently building a 1976 Duster over the last 2 years. It has a narrowed ford 9" in it and sub frame connectors with the springs moved inboard and mini tubs that give me almost 15" inside. Me and a friend are building it and I am doing all of the work on the car and it has been a blast.Right now I am working on the motor which is a 500" stroker, Edelbrock performer RPM heads,purple shaft 590 solid cam and a victor with a HP double pumper Holley on it.The gear is a 4.57 with a locker and a 727 Trans. It has been a lot of work as all of you know but it is really starting to look beautiful and we are going to have some real fun with it before long. It is plum crazy in color with a black interior. I am an ex submarine sailor and did automotive work most of my life. I live in central Florida on the west coast and was born here in Tampa.

welcome, this is one entertaining site, think you`ll like it. you duster sounds a lot like my build.
plan on driving around the block(at least) today, even tho it`s not done. what hood scoop are you going to run to cover the air filter ? I`ve got a 6 pack w/ a reworked torquer 2 intake, also have a victor, really crowding the inside top of the scoop already tho.-------bob

welcome and thanks for your service.

born in Tampa? that's makes you a real native "cracker!" LOL looks like a fun build.

Thank all of you for the nice reception and I do have pictures of the project loaded on my computer but I'm having difficulty getting them to post from my pictures for some reason. This has been a fun project and a ton of hard work but it sure is looking better now. I have a few friends that might be able to help me with the picture issue and ill post some for you to see.I have one more head to port and need to finish the intake which is about half way completed then we can set it down in the engine compartment. I got the Shumacher conversion mounts for it and did what they said to the K frame and it fit right in. Put a bare block and a gutted transmission on the mounts and ran a nylon line down the center line of it to the rear axle to position the pinion where it needed to be then built the 9" from there. I'll try to have some pics posted soon for you.

-
Back