Old pictures type of day

-
My first car, a 67 Charger, bought in '78 when I was 15.

20200412_163500.jpg

20190330_192224.jpg

I was 16 in this photo. Getting ready to drop the rebuilt 440 in my 71 charger.

Those are the times I miss the most, the one's with my dad in the garage and the trips to the strip.
My dad and uncle tore up the strips on the east coast in the 60's and 70's .
When we moved to Idaho in the mid 70's, dad was delegated to pit crew.

Those are the times I miss the most, the one's with my dad in the garage and the trips to the strip.
My dad and uncle tore up the strips on the east coast in the 60's and 70's .
When we moved to Idaho in the mid 70's, dad was delegated to pit crew.

That’s probably why I’m not a better racer. To many street racing years where the one that got there first won. And No brothers, dads, or uncles to apprentice me. I was but a stranded lonely old man on a deserted island.

PBR so how did it work in the ol ddays, say 1977 your Duster was what 6 or 7 years old? how much did the car set ya back back then? I notice from watching old TV shows such as Starsky and Hutch that a 6 or 7 year old car in the 70s was a beat old used car. I saw an episode of season 1
of Starsky and Hutch and there was a 67 camaro with primer spots I said to the wife "the car is 8 years old here and look at it..." I do remember my mom buying a 66 Chevelle 2 door in 77 cost her $550...
My senior year in high school I bought a thrashed on 383 4/spd GTS for $75.

That’s probably why I’m not a better racer. To many street racing years where the one that got there first won. And No brothers, dads, or uncles to apprentice me. I was but a stranded lonely old man on a deserted island.
I do like the street cars that were set up for "light to light" the 3:91 rears and the 4:11 GM rear gears LOL!

Last edited:
Not one single regret on the getting older thing. We lived in the best of times because we worked hard and made it the best of times. Work hard play harder.
I say the same thing and Im 54 . I tell people "I wouldn't trade places with a 21 year old now it was more fun in 1990 when I was 21..." they don't get it :)

Oh I don't regret getting older, hell I retired two times in my life once at age 38 and the final time at 52.
I have the money and toys, but I can't play as hard as I use to. just ask my wife. lol
When I look at your scrawny girlfriend/ wife in the photo it reminds me of mine, except she has red hair and ain't so scrawny now. although I'm very fit and still good looking. :lol:
" Fit and still good looking" yeah me too I wish a 34 year old womAN WOULD JUST HAPPEN TO NOTICE...:)

Happy times.
I bet it seems like it was just yesterday.
I does for me when I look at old pictures.
If only I could trade today for yesterday, it was a way cooler time.
Agree. I often say that. I wish I was driving age in the '50s or late '60s/'70s. I was born in '70, so I missed the prime days by a bit, but the '80s were fun and people didn't venomously hate each other, like today. Cool Musclecars were still around...and driven. I love when guys post these old pics.

My 63 at Keystone Raceway Park back in 1977 ish.

keystone_a2.JPG

keystone_a5.JPG

Last edited:
Still my favorite picture of my car, from May 1969. My grandparents purchased the car new Dec 1966.
That is me seen over the car.
1969-05-11_101.jpg

Alan

63 Plymouth behind and a 55 Chevy in the garage.
You grew up well.

The last of the photos from the 70's some at home,some from Keystone.

keystone_a3.JPG

Keystone.JPG

keystone_a4.JPG

-
Back