Old pictures type of day

-
And the car that was my hero. It started it all for me.
My inspiration to build a 63 for myself. Loved watching the "Steel City Wedge" clean house.

keystone_5.jpg

63 Plymouth behind and a 55 Chevy in the garage.
You grew up well.
Pretty sure it was a Fury, the 55 was my first car when I first started driving for about 4 years till I got the 67 Barracuda from my grandparents in 1985.
1963_Ply000_1700.jpg

ALANS55.JPG

Alan

My Old 68 AMX. Picture was taken probably around 1988 either at Sears Point or Sacramento Raceway when I was stationed in California.

AMX.jpg

Love the old pics John, hope ya don't mind me chiming in.....
Me and the Demon, 1985 High School Drag night Champ at Great Lakes Dragaway.
Still have the car and trophies, less hair, more arse, Led Zeppelin shirt doesnt fit......
Like you said, we were having the time of our lives and we didn't even know it!

Demon old.PNG

Still have the car and trophies, less hair, more arse, Led Zeppelin shirt doesnt fit......

View attachment 1716120014

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Those were the days, 1985-1987 the high school drags was a great program. We spent a lot of time out there and a lot of Tremper vs Bradford races

It's been awhile since I've seen a car with a tow bar on the front, maybe forty years.

I still have one in my attic I used for towing my caravan behind my motorhome on our family trips to the beach. I had a transmission pump system on it so I could flat tow it.

1 baaaadddd car right there!!

It's been awhile since I've seen a car with a tow bar on the front, maybe forty years.
You were something if you had a open trailer back then. Flat towed for several years before I got a homemade trailer made from mobile home axles.

I still have one in my attic I used for towing my caravan behind my motorhome on our family trips to the beach. I had a transmission pump system on it so I could flat tow it.
I’m not talking about motor home towing but flat towing race cars. I’ve got a tow bar for VW bugs that I used in the early 80s, bought it to bring a bug to Ia. from Mn..

-
Back