Old school drag car

-

dmaccons

Reaction score
Thought some of you racing guys would like this!
It was beside my car at the Calgary World of Wheels show.It is good to see someone took the time to save this piece of history.

Attachments

• DSC03805.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC03806.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC03807.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 379
Oh yeah,OH YEAH! Nice find,thanks for the post. Love gassers,real racing,at it's best!

Love it. A blown and injected 392 Hemi, and a Fiat Topolino body. How apropos.

Double A fuel Altered. miss those "zany antics".

VERY COOL!!! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on making it to the World of Wheels. That's something to be proud of for sure.

There's a piece of racing history in my basement too. Billy traded his '67 Camaro RS/SS for an old fuel altered that turned out to be the 130" w.b. version, the fifth and final, of The MOB Fiat from the west coast. It set a record in 1986 as the first FA to hit 200 mph or something ... he knows all the details. To me, it's a really cool ride (with a ton of Viper Blue powder coating work on it now) but it takes up a ton of room in the basement -- it's 17 feet long. It needs a blown KB Hemi but right now it's just a pretty SBC ...

View attachment The MOB Fiat on arrival.jpg

AA/FA -- Awfulest, nastiest, most horrendous handling race cars ever built. Also, of course, just about the most entertaining. And proof that these things don't get better with time

The original, original version:

winged2.jpg

History repeats decades later:

IMG_6638.jpg

Makes me want a reason to own a gas mask.

And yeah, those halibrands and gold slots are the business!

Look at how Wild Willie Borsch's car,flexing all over the place.Look at how tight,the recreation is,lifting the R.R slick off. As for the Pheonix lady,your man scored! The original ,all black"The Mob",one shagnasty dude! Also,one of my favorites!

Look at how Wild Willie Borsch's car,flexing all over the place.Look at how tight,the recreation is,lifting the R.R slick off. As for the Pheonix lady,your man scored! The original ,all black"The Mob",one shagnasty dude! Also,one of my favorites!
mine too also nanook is a sick hotrod...

Between me and you Bomber, I wish he'd forget his little Vega's (one's a Grumpy's Toy clone in progress) and get The MOB back in the arena for nostalgia events but there's a lot of components missing to make it happen ... like the blown KB Hemi and a trailer big enough to haul it around. Maybe some day though.

This was another cool old school YouTube video if I remember right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFejrzLo_l0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFejrzLo_l0[/ame]

-
Back