Old Skool FABO Members.....

-
I don't consider myself to be an old school member, but I'm definitely not on here much anymore since starting my new job.

I don't qualify, but I've been busting knuckles on a turbocharger system for a fellow member's Dart.

Rani; I have dibs on a car that you want, that is being used for a temporary store sign. I may be able to get it for nothing, or next to nothing.

I don't qualify, but I've been busting knuckles on a turbocharger system for a fellow member's Dart.

Rani; I have dibs on a car that you want, that is being used for a temporary store sign. I may be able to get it for nothing, or next to nothing.

I wanna see that!. (How to apply to Datsuns)......

been here regularly since 08 so I guess thats long enough to be old school LOL .. I havent had much time to post as much, but I am still on the site several times a day seeing whats going on.. I jump started the buggy thread again, there wasnt much interest (as in people posting in it or whatnot) and then the car broke and is done for the season... Guess I just havent had a ton to say LOL

Got tired of a member constantly pointing out my behavior that was not mod correct. Took a lot of fun out of it for me. I quietly watch now and make an occasional post when someone does a outstanding job on a project or needs some friendly advice. Ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

Got tired of a member constantly pointing out my behavior that was not mod correct. Took a lot of fun out of it for me. I quietly watch now and make an occasional post when someone does a outstanding job on a project or needs some friendly advice. Ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

And the ones who say that haven't been a mod, anywhere, and think that there's "appropriate mod behavior."

I was a mod. For a few years on a large forum. First pm I received was from a fellow mod. who was a veteran there. It read. Welcome to the club of under appreciated pricks. That about summed it up.

I don't know what age classifies as old school, but when I was a young gun starting out there were no Internet forums for help. I missed out on these a bodies as new but they were cheap to buy used and could find parts at the local yard to build to your hearts content. Muscle cars everywhere..... I learned by my own sweat, blood and tears working on my neighbors cars before I was old enough to drive. He was an old school Mechanic and did everything by ear. Raced on weekends and in the shop during the week. He taught me most everything I know about automobiles in general. He promised to teach me everything he had learned from experience over the years if I would only Listen, Pay attention......and do the work with him. So in a lot of ways I am old school by way I was taught and compared to the way things are for the young guns now.

Well, I'm 64 years old and built my first MoPar in the 60's. Does that make me "old Skool", Or Old School?

Am I old school???...well, I'm old...and I've been here a while...I guess that qualifies.

I haven't posted much lately cause I have "some stuff" going on in my life right now thats taking up too much time.
I too am old and have been here longer than most , hope it all comes together for ya Darwin , keep your stick on the ice , you know you've got friends if you need them .

-
Back