old trans new engine torque converter adapter

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
now that the trans I rebuilt has burned itself up, I'm putting a stock 904 in my Dart, problem is the engine is a 1978 and has the larger pilot hole in the crank. has anyone found a source for an adapter before I get on the lathe and make chips?

now that the trans I rebuilt has burned itself up, I'm putting a stock 904 in my Dart, problem is the engine is a 1978 and has the larger pilot hole in the crank. has anyone found a source for an adapter before I get on the lathe and make chips?

Bump because I'd like to know if there is an adapter too.

is this a slant 6 car? the adapter ring is available-- doc at slantsix.org, t-flite patti, wildcat wreckers-- all have them, Lawrence

I made 1 from chain link fence post.

I have a brand new/rebuilt early convertor '18 spline I think' with big snout that is also cut high stall[2200-2600 depending on engine/torque] that I was gonna use in my brother 64 dart push button, he had a 69 motor so we had delenzi convertors custom make it to work.
It costs about $175 to have it done.

His has never been ran.

on the trans I went through I simply put a newer pump and front drum in, this one I didn't want to pull apart.
I'm having a friend make a bushing and installer.
I was wondering, if he made more would there be interest in buying them, and what would be a fair price for bushing and installer?

OK got it done and in! the next ones if anyone is interested will have less depth so they will go in flush. here are the photos:
p1020262.jpg

p1020263.jpg

-
Back