Old Yeller

-
Well, I guess I am getting mixed up on which thread I put things in.... Anyhow, I got some plate and cut out the upper brackets for the homemade caltracs. I still need to layout the holes in them. I made the lower brackets a couple of weeks ago and they are bolted on the truck.

I have removed a few more pounds here and there too. Nothing real substantial, but it all adds up.
any pound removed from the truck is another pound of desert you can serve up :)

I went through all of my posts and things I wrote down and Old Yeller is down over 350#s so far, but some things will have to be added, but I figure so far a little over 300# net loss. I will lose more with the procomp heads, mini starter, and whatever else I can think of.

I finally found a driveshaft loop that I knew I had somewhere, so that is one less thing to buy.

The fun continues.

I have been working on a few things to make Old Yeller a little more comfortable for daily driving. I am in the process of moving the brake pedal to where a clutch pedal would normally be. There are already 4 studs and a hole in the firewall there. I had to straighten the s bend out of the pedal and am reworking the pad mount. It was right against the gas pedal like a stick shift would be. It was too hard to not catch my big old work boot on it when hitting the gas.

I am also going to try and use an A body gas pedal setup.
( that alone should add a few horsepower!} It has a floor mount pedal now, and with my long legs it is just too far back, and too close to the transmission tunnel for my liking.

I found and eliminated a really noisy squeak that I never could locate. I found it by accident working on the brake pedal. It was in the steering column mount.

I also patched a few holes where cold winter air came through.

So, a little progress to make the old truck better to drive.

I will get to the fun stuff soon enough.

It hit 60 degrees here today, but rainy. The frogs are out and crying that its spring.

I hope to start assembling my "table scraps" of a motor soon. I call it table scraps, because I'm not just leaving power on the table, I'm building from the scraps on the floor...

It hit 60 degrees here today, but rainy. The frogs are out and crying that its spring.

I hope to start assembling my "table scraps" of a motor soon. I call it table scraps, because I'm not just leaving power on the table, I'm building from the scraps on the floor...
sometimes left overs gain flavor after a few days in the fridge.... Chili comes to mind :)

I got a good deal on some 1 3/4" truck headers here on FABO and they came today. They are actually for W2 heads, but I will make up some adapters to fit the procomp heads. They have never been used. Hooker part #5832.

I also finished the homemade caltrac brackets, and need to order the heim joints and bars. A little progress, a little at a time...

I got a good deal on some 1 3/4" truck headers here on FABO and they came today. They are actually for W2 heads, but I will make up some adapters to fit the procomp heads. They have never been used. Hooker part #5832.

I also finished the homemade caltrac brackets, and need to order the heim joints and bars. A little progress, a little at a time...
You need to provide 318 wr with a dust mask as a friendly gesture....

I know they look crude, and things are rusty, but I got the upper brackets mounted. I will have to buy some better bolts, but now I can measure for my bar length. The brackets are 3/16 plate that the old bed floor was made from. Anything thicker would not have fit.

I am working 60 hours a week right now, so things are moving, but slowly...

IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2179.jpg

I know they look crude, and things are rusty, but I got the upper brackets mounted. I will have to buy some better bolts, but now I can measure for my bar length. The brackets are 3/16 plate that the old bed floor was made from. Anything thicker would not have fit.

I am working 60 hours a week right now, so things are moving, but slowly...

View attachment 1715711614 View attachment 1715711615
Looks good !!!

I went through all of my posts and things I wrote down and Old Yeller is down over 350#s so far, but some things will have to be added, but I figure so far a little over 300# net loss. I will lose more with the procomp heads, mini starter, and whatever else I can think of.

I finally found a driveshaft loop that I knew I had somewhere, so that is one less thing to buy.

The fun continues.

That's like kickin a fat redneck woman outta the truck.

-
Back