on ebay... Not mine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture takers fault. Shame. Camera aren't that hard to use. He he he.

OK, I have taken my share of bad shots as well.

Yeah it was pretty sneaky of him to jump in there at the last min too with a new acct to save his car, Like ppl dont realize thats what he did..hmm..

s.gif
the seller was..Blanks1963

The buyer was...
blankenshiptow

he even left himself some good feedback.lol

If you look at the last picture on the listing, I think that he left his gas gauge in the trunk? I can tell if it is a Benjamin Moore or a Sherwin Williams... I had a buddy the had the same style gauge on his drag car.

In the pic on the wall you can see the end of blankenship enterprises on a banner

Sold the 'exact' same car to a guy named partsman713 with over 3000 feedbacks on Oct 25. left the guy feedback '...the best of the best fast payment a real asset to ebay.' I would guess it is another alias for this guy.

I emailed him through ebay and told him if he send me pics and a price, i would post it for him, either that or he could post it himself on racingjunk.com for free.. dont be surprised if it pops up there in a week or so.lol

^^^ There could be an explanation for that one though.

I just sold (last week) a 1973 Dart Sport on eBay and the guy paid the $300.00 deposit for it and now can't come up with the rest. I told him since I have the deposit if he can't get the rest in 3 weeks leave me positive feedback and I'll do the same. Heck for $300.00 I'll leave anyone positive feedback..lol stuff happens.

A similar incident also happened when we sold our 1973 'Cuda on eBay. A guy won the bid for $10.5k, sent the $500.00 n/r deposit. A week later he drove 7+ hours to come get and decided he didn't want it. Just asked where a good place to eat was and left. He spent about 1 minute looking at the car. didn't open the hood, trunk, or much else. I offered to put it up on our hoist, he declined. I too left him positive feedback. A week after that I sold the 'Cuda to a guy in Fl for $14.2K who was excited to get a real 'Cuda.

True I thought that too, but then again the area that he says he lives in and the buyer on the 25th are really not that far apart, so then i though it could be a acct he uses for work. Either way he should have just set up a reserve or start the bidding at what he wants to get for the car and let it go from there

I do not understand why people just either set a reserve or start it at a price they would be happy with.

In my opinion most reserves are :color:.

All they do is make people with no money bid because they know they have no obligation to pay. The person actioning the product thinks their item is worth a lot of money because they have something with a price of $39,999.99 "reserve not met". Then they offer it again with no reserve they get all bent out of shape when it only brings $15,000.00 because that is all it is worth...

I bought a car off of Ebay for my wife. It was listed at a reserve of $3500, was bid up to $2700+, & didn't sell. Then it was offered at an opening bid of $1500 with no reserve & I bought it for $2225. It was being sold to settle an estate & the seller told me he had been offered $3500 during the first auction but he felt it would be unfair to stop the auction early. Then, when he listed it the second time the two serious bidders from the first auction both had some type of "computer Problems" & weren't able to outbid me in the last couple of hours of the auction.
After I won, they contacted me trying to buy the car from me before I even picked it up. I was offered $3000+ for the car but told them it was up to the wife. She decided to keep the car. Their tuff luck. It was a 1977 Mustang II Ghia with a V8 & 39,600 miles on it.

I guess you guys could be right that the one buyer backed out for what ever reason and re-listed it. I bought an operator's manual for my Duster a while back for something like $10. I was the only bidder on the original copy but the seller was not happy. He actually emailed me and said that I should count myself lucky that he didn't have his buddies bid against me. He thought he should have gotten $40 for it. I guess one of his buddies would have ended up buying it because I only bid his minimum just hoping I'd get it.

I just sent him an email explaining that, in case he didn't know, you can't make money on ebay by buying your own items. Told him he ought to think about it & the fees would leave him in the hole.

I just sent him an email explaining that, in case he didn't know, you can't make money on ebay by buying your own items. Told him he ought to think about it & the fees would leave him in the hole.

hahaha, poor guy, He didnt post it on racingjunk.com either like i suggested, If he wants it sold thats the place to put it,Im sure he would let it go for 6K probably even 5800.00 and thats a decent price for "One of the cleanest Dusters on the east coast" as he puts it. Still a big dummy, forgot to put a reserve on and had to buy his own car. I wonder if he had to finance that?;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back