On3?

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
Like the title says, any one modeling in On3? I enjoyed working in 1/4 inch. A lot easier than HO.
Mike

I did On30 for a while, but my caveman hands are really too big, so I switched to 1:20.3. That's Fn3 which runs on 45mm G scale track. On3 is really cool and challenging, since no one makes ready made track and you have to hand lay track and ties. I've done it before helping a friend on his On3 layout. It's really cool because you can lay the rails and ties imperfect just like the real thing.

Rob.....I didn't realize you were a modeler too! THATS awesome news! LOL

Model Railroading, or others stuff? I am a modeler, Railroad starting out and have been a back burner type auto modeler almost let the flame burn out till my late Father got me a 1/4 size Hemi to build thats now a lamp on my night stand next to the bed! Then my Step-Mom got me to build a model of my Dad's '39 Chebby....so, the flame is burning bright once again......

Whats your layout like ?

Attachments

• DSCF1548.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 92
I'm not taking credit or anything, but I think I showed them it could be done.

I shot quite a few pics at a live steam meet held by a guy I used to work with.

Attachments

• DSCF1349.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 101
Some of that stuff is just WAY hard core...

Attachments

• DSCF1336.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF1330.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF1323.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 103
That's badass. I love the steam powered critter.....but it's way too clean. lol

I've been modeling longer than I've been around cars.

I built this turntable using a stepper motor bearing from a laser printer. The curved tracks going behind the roundhouse were going to be a doubletrack helix to a lower level.

Now that I don't have to build a fleet of 2-8-0 locos....I've been thinking about resurrecting that layout lately, even though that yard has been dismantled. It was a good design and flowed well. The tracks leading to the left are part of a double ended section about 6 feet long. The tower controlled the entrance to the yard and the helix. I was going to build a bank of hand thrown levers, mounted on the fascia...

Attachments

• DSCN3451.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN3452.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 89
Rob,
I too have been a modeler way longer then cars BUT what models? Cars or Trains is the real question!

BUT thats OK....Its all fun right?

YY1, NICE layout!

-
Back