One Bad *** Cuda!

-
That Techo supercharger is going to pop that 6.1 in a heartbeat on the street. Those blowers are so noisy it isn't even funny. That was Salleen's prototype that didn't cut the mustard.

Pop it as in blow it up? I know the entire motor was built to take the boost, forged bottom end with all the goodies.

I personally find the car hideous.

But…. I also find it interesting and can appreciate the work and look (or my take on the look).

It is almost a modern interpretation of the mid, late 70s style.

The billboard fade, black out trim, wheels…..

Imagine it's 1975 and that fade was a little less subtle, the wheels were Cragers, the rear was up a bit more.

Now update that same look to 2011. That's how I see it.

Very cool in it's own way.

I wouldn't mind being seen driving that piece of art around town!!!! SWEEEEET!!

That Cuda is a sweet and tasteful build 8). I love the ghosting billboard and the "M"opar gauges.

I really dig the way the billboards are done. Very subtle,and th whole look is well blended and smooth. Nice paint too!

That Cuda is a sweet and tasteful build 8). I love the ghosting billboard and the "M"opar gauges.

It is a sweet ride isn't it! So cheryl I will have the swinger at the pavilions saturday for sure. Would be nice to see you again!

VERY NICE! Love the color and the graphics . . . and the wheels go with the period.

There is definitley a lot of fine workmanship there - no question......... I'm personally just not an E body fan.
Daryl

Yes the techo superchargers have taken out forged motors too. See what happens is the superchargers create false knock so the tuners will end up desensitizing the knock sensors then when it does knock it wipes out the pistons. Ask me how I know this well I've seen it first hand and I have seen many people sell there Techo's shortly after installing them.

That's good info on the supercharger, I will definitely pass that on to the tuner. What kind of boost levels were these other guys pushing? That has a lot to do with knock, so does the fuel octane and intercooler efficiency.

That's good info on the supercharger, I will definitely pass that on to the tuner. What kind of boost levels were these other guys pushing? That has a lot to do with knock, so does the fuel octane and intercooler efficiency.
The intercoolers are horrible on that thing. Stock boost was 8 psi on a 6.1 so unless they pullied it for the 426 it should only make 4-5 psi. There is a quiet drive upgrade for the supercharger if you can find anyone from Techo to install it.

IAT's were through the roof on those blowers too. Figure about 245-300 degree's under full boost which is really bad for these motors. Use a larger heat exchanger then the one that comes with the kit and you can bring that number down. Also they had water pump failures for the intercooler. it's a 2003 mustang pump that can be purchased at any parts store. If your guy needs more info he can call me.

No Problem. I saw a bunch of people get suckered into those Techo's in the LX crowd and lets just say that them going bankrupt was a good thing.

its funny that this car ended up here. its such a small world. I know the guy that owns the car though a friend of mine. how strange is it to see it here.

badass71 we should hook up one of these days. it could be fun.

johnparts, im not a big fan of the techco eather. i have a feeling the one pictured here was the same one i helped install into a purple charger a while back. possably even the same motor.

We'll be there tomorrow early....It'll be crowded by 2pm :happy10:

-
Back