one for BJR

-
With a hwy. gear the rpm's won't come up as fast and thats where you need to have a good bit of TQ, and thats what I was going for. The tires won't hold that kind of tq anyways.

The turnaround time is 3 weeks, with your core.

With a hwy. gear the rpm's won't come up as fast and thats where you need to have a good bit of TQ, and thats what I was going for. The tires won't hold that kind of tq anyways.

The turnaround time is 3 weeks, with your core.

Thanks for all your help with this I guess I'll have to decide on a few things before I start ordering parts , the turn around is a bit too long to just drive down and get er dun eh ! and how much torque can a nearly 10" wide tire handle? what size do you suggest ? as for the time it takes to rev up I got a hard but fun lesson sunday coming back from a show when a friend spotted me a 1st and most of 2nd gear before launching his 528 hemi and smoking me within less than an 1/8 of course he's got 525/535 at the rear wheels and close to 3ft of rubber back there but I couldn't get far enough up the cam in 3rd quick enough to run with him

I guess your answer for the 10 wide tire would rest on how good the tire is, and what it was made for, street or street/strip, or race only. Obviously the closer to race you get the better the tire will be. As for the size of tire that will depend on what you can put under the car. Most stock chassis won't take much larger than a 28 X 10.

I guess your answer for the 10 wide tire would rest on how good the tire is, and what it was made for, street or street/strip, or race only. Obviously the closer to race you get the better the tire will be. As for the size of tire that will depend on what you can put under the car. Most stock chassis won't take mauch larger than a 28 X 10.

I'm running BF Goodrich radial T/As 245/60/14 which I haven't measured the height on but the Keisler tranny site says they have a 25.5" rolling diameter { in they're speed analyzer } they are a little wider than 9.5 at the top and have a contact patch of a little over 10"s, I have thought of getting a pair of 15" small bolt rims for the back but I hate mixing tire sizes . These tires stick like glue when dry and won't spin at all going forward but will leave a nice little patch in reverse again this is when dry when wet they kinda suck and break loose with just a little too much throttle from a stand still ,
Again thanks for all your help here

Excuse me while I hijack your thread for a second,I stumbled across it this morning while looking for 273 info for my car and saw the part about you being a carpenter and soon to be looking for work.
I'm also in Victoria and am looking (again...) to find a carpenter for building a garage later this summer so if you're interested and might be available,do let me know.I have an account so a PM would work.

Also,it sounds like a pretty healthy 'teen you'll be running there when you get it all together,hopefully you can get all the parts together before your regular job comes to an end.

We can get together and talk any time you want I'm alomst always at the Saturday night get together at Francellis why not bring that rag top dart of yours out one of these weeks I've got the Turbine Bronze 69 fastback with the 70s aar stripe down the side . Look forward to meeting you- Chris

P.S. I see your an elevator guy maybe we already know each other have you done any Campbell jobs?

I just found the email update tonight so I'm about a day late for Francellis this week but I'll try to get there next Saturday and keep and eye out for your car.
Unfortunately my car's in storage and not inspected or registered in BC yet so probably won't be on the road this year,but definitely next summer it will be.

I have'nt been on the construction end of the elevator biz for a couple years but when I was,I worked on the Astoria and the Belvedere which were the Campbell Scramble jobs that I remember being on.You work for Campbell,I'm guessing?

Greg

I just found the email update tonight so I'm about a day late for Francellis this week but I'll try to get there next Saturday and keep and eye out for your car.
Unfortunately my car's in storage and not inspected or registered in BC yet so probably won't be on the road this year,but definitely next summer it will be.

I have'nt been on the construction end of the elevator biz for a couple years but when I was,I worked on the Astoria and the Belvedere which were the Campbell Scramble jobs that I remember being on.You work for Campbell,I'm guessing?

Greg
Yes I do and I worked on both those jobs , Installed all the doors at the Asstoria { not a typo } and all the kitchens in the Belvedere { wish I could build one called the Barracuda eh}, You aren't the guy who got locked on the Astoria roof are you ? lol Anyhow I'll be there tonight might not have the Barracuda look for a 77 two-tone green Grand Prick if you don't see a bronze 69 Barracuda with a 70s aar strobe down the side

Actually it was a co-worker of mine that got locked on the roof but I was the guy in the hallway who brought the Campbell guys up when the door would'nt open.Was that you who was trying to get the door open?
I vaguely recall that the Campbell foreman was there (can't recall his name) and a carpenter.I also remember it happened late Friday afternoon and telling Pete (the fellow on the roof) that we can't open the door and he'll have to climb down on one of the lifelines...:toothy10:

I did'nt make it to Francellis this weekend,did you make it there on Saturday?

Greg

Yes I do and I worked on both those jobs , Installed all the doors at the Asstoria { not a typo } and all the kitchens in the Belvedere { wish I could build one called the Barracuda eh}, You aren't the guy who got locked on the Astoria roof are you ? lol Anyhow I'll be there tonight might not have the Barracuda look for a 77 two-tone green Grand Prick if you don't see a bronze 69 Barracuda with a 70s aar strobe down the side

Yeah I was the guy who got the door opened for him , he was about 2 minutes away from a long lonely weekend , I don't think we had a harness and line up there for him :-D and we were heading for the door when you guys caught us. yes I made it out there Saturday and I should be there this week as well

-
Back