One for the Kawasaki crowd

-

65BCODA

Reaction score
I know a few members are into bikes, so here go's.

I purchased this from the original owner 10 years ago, hasn't had a tag on it since '81.......10,075 miles. Pulled it out of storage and going to clean it up, thinking of selling it off to finance a truck build........not much into bikes.
I haven't done much research on it..... '73 H2 2-stroke... is about all I know about it. A couple years ago I cleaned the carbs, aired up the tires and flushed the braking system and it fired right up. Had to put it in deep storage(semi trailer) cause coming home from the bar at midnight and taking a thrill ride was getting to be a habit.
Hasn't had a wet rag on it in years, been under a tarp in dry storage, this thing is like a time capsule from the 70's.

Is it worth anything??????

Attachments

• FEB 024 (Medium).jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 304
  • FEB 026 (Medium).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 275
  • FEB 029 (Medium).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 276
  • FEB 031 (Medium).jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 290
  • FEB 028 (Medium).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 322
  • FEB 033 (Medium).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 285
not that much in demand, but if you have title and all, i think you could get 700.00 out of it

I would'a thunk a bit more. Yes on the title.
Figured these things were ridden hard and abused back in the day and not many left in one piece.......for that amount I might as well put the engine on a mower frame and go mudding.

well, they, like cars and everything buy gas flucuates with the economy. gas goes up when we all are broke.lmao

but, it is a nice bike, but it is just not a desirable bike, except to a minute crowd, and wvwn then, it is still a hard sale right now, even at 700

There's one of those in my garage, it's my Dad's from way back. If you wanted to sell it, I would put it on Ebay with a reserve you can live with. You'll reach the biggest pool of potential buyers that way. No idea what they're worth.

I would say yes, any old 2-stroke has a fair collectors market. Clean it up and get it running and you could fetch up to $5k...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ huh? 5k??????????????????? lol

those are a badass bikes they called it a widowmaker for a reason

I used to drag race one just like that (that's a 750cc by the way) when I was 17 complete with the expansion chambers mind you mine also had bigger carbs. They didn't call those things "widowmakers" for nothing. They had a crazy assed power band (they went nuts from 8000 to 12000 RPM) and if you could keep the front tire on the ground and they'd do the 1/4 mile in stock trim at 11.5 sec.
Here's a stock one and don't kill yourself on that thing. One more thing, they had a nasty habit of going into a high speed wobble at anything over 110 MPH. Have fun.

Before you run it drain the 2 stroke injection oil tank, under the right cover with 750 on it, and put in some fresh 2 stroke oil otherwise you'll sieze her up and I'd ask 3K for it once it's cleaned and polished.

Attachments

• Triple.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 254
OK, OK, I JUST LOOKED ON EBAG, AND SOME OF THEM ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY UP THERE IN PRICE.

so, after considerable reconsideration, i realize you will get more that at least double of what i was thinking.lol

so, ill take it for 1,000.00 lol

Its a Kawi triple..Hell ya its worth something !

Anybody remember this bad boy ?

Attachments

• Picture 713.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 242
I took the steering stabilizer off (white plastic bag on trailer) in order to get it under a storage rack in the semi trailer.....and yes on that power band + 1 a.m. drunken rides, reason for the "in storage" status. Besides I'm kinda a big guy at 340lbs = Gorilla on a tricycle.

pm with your info and i call my friend... old guy with all kinds of kawi bikes! turbo's and all kinds of stuff....

what are you asking for it?

As much as possible LOL

Seriously, next trip home gonna put some elbow grease on it and maybe ebag it. Just purchased a '99 F250 4x4 7.3 for a tow vehicle and would like to spruce it up a bit. Don't want to sit on the bike any longer waiting on the American Picker van to show up. The bike would be better off else where.

From looking at Demon Seeds pic I take it the dual front disc and aluminum anodized rims are not stock, the battery has been removed and replaced with a magneto, the oil injector has been removed...fuel has to be mixed.

OK, OK, I JUST LOOKED ON EBAG, AND SOME OF THEM ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY UP THERE IN PRICE.

so, after considerable reconsideration, i realize you will get more that at least double of what i was thinking.lol

so, ill take it for 1,000.00 lol

Huh, reconsider.... lol

Kawi triple!! Gotta love it!! I had a couple quite a while back, they were baskets but do-able. Sold them before the internet came around and parts were next to impossible. Pm coming yer way.

Check on Walnecks for prices.They were screemin' fast back in the day.

My boss has one, scarey fast!! I have owned some fast crotch rockets, but the powerband on these is insane.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm_-E2aXNMM"]YouTube - Kawasaki h2[/ame]

Just saw the thread-you are lucky to be alive mister!That is a sleeper bike!Crazy fast.The oil pumps were bad about clogging up,sold mine and got a fatboy.I'm still here.

I know a few members are into bikes, so here go's.

I purchased this from the original owner 10 years ago, hasn't had a tag on it since '81.......10,075 miles. Pulled it out of storage and going to clean it up, thinking of selling it off to finance a truck build........not much into bikes.
I haven't done much research on it..... '73 H2 2-stroke... is about all I know about it. A couple years ago I cleaned the carbs, aired up the tires and flushed the braking system and it fired right up. Had to put it in deep storage(semi trailer) cause coming home from the bar at midnight and taking a thrill ride was getting to be a habit.
Hasn't had a wet rag on it in years, been under a tarp in dry storage, this thing is like a time capsule from the 70's.

Is it worth anything??????
You guys have GOT to be kidding me !! that thing is a rocket!! I was into 2 strokes big time, that thing has triple tuned pipes, could be bassani's not sure is it a 500 or 750?? the 750's used to be able to pull 10's easy back in the day, when the 900's first came out those 750's gave them a run, for awhile anyway, the 750 honda's were toast.
I had a 550 Suzuki triple with black tuned basani's and wiesco pistons ported and polished, back in the day if you had a 2 stoke DG was THE performance company they made everything for 2 strokes, THAT is the reason I now have my duster.... almost killed myself on it sold it and bought my duster... that thing has gotta be worth big bucks, make sure you do what others have said get that old oil OUT get some KLOTZ or Amsoil 2 stroke oil, Klotz is best IMO. Get the highest octane gas you can get too. we used to use airplane fuel in ours.

I bought a 1976 900 LTD brand new. I was able to thrill myself plenty with it. I'm not sure you could pay me enough to crank open a 750 triple. Knew of people that had them & heard too many stories. They had a reputation for being wicked fast.

-
Back