DSC07517.jpg

DSC07519.jpg

DSC07520.jpg

DSC07528.jpg

DSC07530.jpg

DSC07525.jpg

DSC07522.jpg

http://www.steelerubber.com/

I dealt with them on another car. They were very good folks to work with. Not cheap, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I will be using their products on my Duster.
C

I was wondering what the outcome was with the roof rail seals. I just bought mine from Metro and the fit isn't what I like. What did you end up doing. Thanks,Bill

Many of you will notice that I haven't been on here in quite a while. After my son Aaron went off to college, the Duster project came to a screeching halt. And as with many folks these days, discretionary funds to complete the car have diminished.

As for the roof rail seals, the last two sets I received from Metro were prototypes they fabricated for me to try out on the '74 Duster. Neither one of them worked any better than the ones I initially bought from them - ones advertised for this same year model. So, I have given up on Metro and hope to find another more reliable source when we get back to working on the car again.

If any of you end up with roof rail seals that actually work well specifically for a '74 Duster, please let me know.

Sorry for the long delay in reporting my findings,
Jerry

I have had my 67 Dart 2dr ht roof rail seals for about 4 months that I bought from Steel Rubber Products. I have not glued them yet but they fit great. Adjusting the front and rear windows on my Dart was a real challange though. Now that I have a really good seal I can glue certain areas in place. They sit in the rail just fine. I have not had good experience with Metro on any seals. I will only buy from Steel Rubber Products. http://www.steelerubber.com

Dave

Any new updates on the roof rail seals?

So...is Steel Rubber Products the way to go?

I can only report on my experience with Metro relating to the '74 Dart Sport and '74 Duster we have worked with. I can't speak for any other year models or products. I know that when we get back to working on the Duster I'll be ordering from Steele to give them a try.

Jerry

Any new updates on the roof rail seals?

So...is Steel Rubber Products the way to go?

I work in a auto glass shop and my boss only orders from steel when it comes down to classics and muscle cars. He has been doing auto glass and auto upholstery for over 30 yrs.

The roof rail seals for my '72 Duster are in, and the fit seems very good. These are from Steele.
A few posts up folks were mentioning gluing them in. Is this necessary? I don't remember or have any evidence the originals were glued in.

On a side note, when I ordered the parts from Steele, the rear quarter window seals were on backorder. They told me that they didn't actually produce those!
C

If anyone is interested at this point. After I adjusted the windows and re-adjusted the doors, the roof rail seals that I got from steel rubber fit really well. I am very happy with them. The window adjustment on my 67 Dart was the most difficult since there is not much of an adjustment on the front door glass. The quarter windows were not too bad, the door adjustment was the finishing touch. My 67 Dodge Service Manual really helped with the adjustments.

Dave

Anyone got a photo of the original roof rail gasket for a 67 dart 2dr ht? I made the mistake of having the old one pitched. I figured replace all the 40+ year old rubber right? The shop even said you sure you want to replace some of these gaskets since they look fine. Could have kept most of the old ones since they were still sealing. My Soft Seal roof rail isn't fitting right. I think I remember how it's suppose to fit the the windows. I wish I new when I started the resto that the reproductions stuff doesn't always fit right. Of coarse they did remove the door windows in the resto so that could be part of the problem. I suspect most of it is the gasket.

I found my old roof rail. The Softseal gaskets are not the correct shape. In fact on the original ones the top part of the gasket makes a slight change in shape right at the point where the front door window meets the rear window. Can't the make exact reproductions of this stuff????

Back to the original thread.... has no one out of the thousands of people on this entire website installed brand new roof rail seals for a '74 DART SPORT/ DUSTER that fit perfectly from either Metro, Steele or any other brand?

My roof rail seals are from Steel Rubber for my 67 Dart. I only glued in a couple of places. They fit the groove and stay in place. Metro isn't the place to buy. I got my first set from Metro and never got them to fit right. Finally tossed them.

Dave Davis

Buck351,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, been gone. Do you still need picks of roof rail seal installed? Let me know and I will send you a few pics. My e mail is [email protected]. Many of us had problems with soft seal that why I got mine from steel rubber and they work well. If you wish I will send pics to your e mail. Its much easier then loading them here.

Dave

Anyone have photos of the finished installation with the door closed and the window rolled up? ref 68 Barracuda FB.

-
Back