One of my black feral kittens decided he wanted some love rubs last night.

-
Here’s my late Copper’s mom.

CFBD9222-7FD7-465D-B4AC-E35139340EBC.jpeg

You got yours on a leash?
yeah, both he and his brother. i started them very small, basically as soon as they were big enough for a harness. initially i had standard leads that were about 6' long. now they walk with 15' retractable "small dog" ones.

yeah, both he and his brother. i started them very small, basically as soon as they were big enough for a harness. initially i had standard leads that were about 6' long. now they walk with 15' retractable "small dog" ones.
That’s good idea. I’m gonna start with my two little kittens I have now. They were both rescues.

IMG_4603.jpeg

look at those big beauts!

black cats is best cats!
I love black cats...... but I want a Tortoiseshell!

And i have a tuxedo with
white toes and socks, a pure black shepherd, and three black-and-reds.
Black is beautiful....... except for the hair on the carpet.

...and the furniture....

and the bed.

Last edited:
That’s good idea. I’m gonna start with my two little kittens I have now. They were both rescues.

View attachment 1716142421
look at those faces!

mine were rescues as well, i got them about 5 weeks old and had to bottle feed them.

the hard leads were instrumental along with clear commands and tons of patience. but now they walk pretty well and the retractable leashes give a lot more flexibility. start them early, and get a full harness.

i'm sure there's a book or a youtube, but i found that by incorporating some of the key commands i use in the house they were able to pick up and respond better to me. such as: no, stop and get out of there-- they knew and acted accordingly. then i have specific words or commands that i only use when we're outside in order to control the flow of traffic with them. they'll pick it up quickly, you just have to keep consistent. also, i started by taking them out at night because there was less stimulation, fewer cars, people, dogs. but now they go out pretty much whenever, but they still don't like big trucks.

i don't know why i can't link the harnesses thru amazon. but they're made by pupteck, i can't say enough good things about them. they're inexpensive and work great.

look at those faces!

mine were rescues as well, i got them about 5 weeks old and had to bottle feed them.

the hard leads were instrumental along with clear commands and tons of patience. but now they walk pretty well and the retractable leashes give a lot more flexibility. start them early, and get a full harness.

i'm sure there's a book or a youtube, but i found that by incorporating some of the key commands i use in the house they were able to pick up and respond better to me. such as: no, stop and get out of there-- they knew and acted accordingly. then i have specific words or commands that i only use when we're outside in order to control the flow of traffic with them. they'll pick it up quickly, you just have to keep consistent. also, i started by taking them out at night because there was less stimulation, fewer cars, people, dogs. but now they go out pretty much whenever, but they still don't like big trucks.

i don't know why i can't link the harnesses thru amazon. but they're made by pupteck, i can't say enough good things about them. they're inexpensive and work great.
Thanks. I will check out pupteck. I need something so that I can take one of my shepherds in the front of my box truck with me. He's WAY too hyper/puppy to ride up front without a restraint.
I want him to go on a long trip with me, so he's got to be able to lie down and sleep.

That is midnight.Just a little over a year old. Found him and another curled up under a bush when they were no more than 6 weeks old. Midnight already had an infected eye that had to be removed.
He is called the Big Chungus by my two boys. They wanted to keep them so they are inside only cats. Still have many feral we love on and feed outside.
This is his little buddy Frisco we found him with.

20230801_124826.jpg

-
Back