One of those too good to be true deals

-
That is a Concours car if there ever was one.
I bet Gover and the Judges would like to examine it.
Call Jay Leno.

this hobby (see also " lifestyle") absolutly amazes me. Each day I see more and more "finds" such as these. The only problem is... Im not the one finding them. Cool Coronet for sure. We had a '66 in the family that was vin coded for a 361 as well. the funny thing is it actually was a Poly 318. No one had changed the motor out either. Came from the dealer that way. Unless they switched it at the dealer... its a facotry error. No matter it now has a 440 in it and belongs to someone else.

What a cool story. I like cars with a history behind them. To bad the guy who bought it did not make it back. He would of had a lot of fun in that car.

Who owns it? The person who bought the house? I dream of **** like that! I've come close a couple of times but, nothing like that!

The guy that bought it still owns it, he did make it back from overseas he just never got the car back out. not sure why. I got the motor burning gas again. soaked cylinders down with some diesel fuel to free the rings and had to put a fuel pump on it. It still runs like 1 cyllinder is down on compression at idle but off idle its running good. The radiator is leaking to badly for me to run it very long. I've got someone thats going to repair the radiator so I'm at a stopping point now. As soon as I can run it at operating temp. I'll re-check my compression and see where I'm at from my baseline figures

That is an amazing story! It needs to be ina magazine for sure.

years ago i had a 66 cornet 500 conv 383 4 speed god that car was so much fun i bought it from the org owner i still miss that car

Thanks for posting venom hope things are going smoothly. Keep my Dad and I updated on how it is going. When do you think you will get the radiator fixed? Do you think that the low compression on the cyllinder is going to be a problem?

I got the radiator back friday and in the car, everything checked ok going to get coolant back in it on tuesday and run it up to temp. I've got the the compression up on all cylinders all are at least 130 and above. Hope to see the master cylinder and ignition supplies early next week, then see sould be able to drive again!!!! Sorry about the long time to post. take care

Nice car, we need more pictures! I would take as many as you can get, even the underside, those pics could be valuable to someone restoring a car like this.

Owner is requesting that the vehicle be undercoated, what is your guys opinion of this. I personally would not. I wanted to have an idea of what that may or may not do to vehicle value. The left rear and fuel tank has undercoat on it from where the owner spray it in the 60's but never finished the job. Just wanted to know what you guys think. Thanks venom

I wouldn't why would a car like that need to be under coated unless he is planning on driving it in the rain?

Owner is requesting that the vehicle be undercoated, what is your guys opinion of this. I personally would not. I wanted to have an idea of what that may or may not do to vehicle value. The left rear and fuel tank has undercoat on it from where the owner spray it in the 60's but never finished the job. Just wanted to know what you guys think. Thanks venom

I would suggest keep it as is.

I would get a bottle of GM oil additive, or something else with Zinc;
and add that to the oil.

Have you changed the oil yet?

-
Back