One thing you could have again!

-
my great aunt stella's sugar cookies. they were sooooo soft even after 3-4 days. on a cold day, warm sugar cookies and milk was a great deal. had my wife make them from aunt's recipe and them suckers were HARDER THAN ODD JOB'S HAT in james bond. they would have probably killed somebody. haha. needless to say, i took recipe away from her.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My mom would bake an apple or peach pie and there was always dough left over that she rolled up with cinnamon inside and bake, mmmm those just out of the oven with an ice cold glass of milk.

My mom would bake an apple or peach pie and there was always dough left over that she rolled up with cinnamon inside and bake, mmmm those just out of the oven with an ice cold glass of milk.
Agreed my mom made the same. Don’t know what the wife uses in the pie crust but it’s not the same unless you use real lard. Which according to my wife is not good for me

My Mom and Grandma were good cooks at whatever they made, but I wish my sister was still alive so I could one more meal of her creamed corn over her scratch made cat head biscuits.

Agreed my mom made the same. Don’t know what the wife uses in the pie crust but it’s not the same unless you use real lard. Which according to my wife is not good for me
Well after much ado it happened

F0BB1C80-D3B4-432A-94A1-27F4490C9E62.jpeg

Mom and her mom were both good cooks.
there's a lot I miss. I'm not saying my wife is a bad cook she can hold her own.

Mom used to make the best fudge brownies and fudge frosting from scratch.
Grandma's caramel rolls or (sticky buns). She would make sweet dough to make the roll out of.
I've tried to make them but they're just not the same!

Mom and her mom were both good cooks.
there's a lot I miss. I'm not saying my wife is a bad cook she can hold her own.

Mom used to make the best fudge brownies and fudge frosting from scratch.
Grandma's caramel rolls or (sticky buns). She would make sweet dough to make the roll out of.
I've tried to make them but they're just not the same!
Memories some how are always better than the now version. I call them warm and fuzzies. I think it probably has to do with the main ingredient that Mom and Grandma always added, love, and the fact that you were a kid with a bottomless pit and always hungry.

My grandma was the worst cook ever. She never cooked anything but instead lived on Lipton Cup of Soup and oyster crackers. She also ate instant coffee from the jar because she didn’t like having to go to the bathroom from drinking it, she lived in a Tri Level house and it was a lot of stairs. The one thing she did make that I remember was homemade, hand beaten cake frosting, which was some high powered sugar extravaganza that soaked into the cake. My brother used to know that recipe because he would make it and freeze it, and eat it like ice cream!

Yep, we’re weird!

@cosgig If your grandma was the worst cook ever, she must have learned how to cook from my aunt Hattie! I swear to goodness that she could find a way to ruin a peanut butter sandwich! We're Appalachian Americans (proper name for Hillbillies!) and everyone knows you put fatback or hamhocks in green beans or soup beans to season them. Nope...not Aunt Hattie! She used beef bouillon or some other nasty something that would choke a buzzard on a manure wagon....lol. She would load mashed potatoes down with paprika or some other high falootin spice and make them taste terrible. If we had a pot luck dinner at her house, I used to hockey check people to get to my Mom, sister or sister in laws dish before they got gone.....lol. Funny how we have the good and not so good memories of peoples cooking from when we were kids. :)

What I miss the most is 25 cents a gallon gas, 4 baby burgers at A&W for a dollar, going to the drive in movies and cuddling up to my girl friend in the back seat of a 68 Dart.
Guess I just miss my youth and partying with friends.

What I miss the most is 25 cents a gallon gas, 4 baby burgers at A&W for a dollar, going to the drive in movies and cuddling up to my girl friend in the back seat of a 68 Dart.
Guess I just miss my youth and partying with friends.
Ya your right when I bought the dart there was no way you could put $10 worth of #1 in it. Now $35 gets you a half a tank

Ya your right when I bought the dart there was no way you could put $10 worth of #1 in it. Now $35 gets you a half a tank
Yea back then 5 bucks would fill your tank and 5 bucks would pay for dinner and a movie with your girlfriend.

-
Back