one wire

-

Tbone416

Reaction score
Is anyone running a one wire distributor and what do you think of them:happy1:
PS not points type

Do you have a picture? I run a Stock Cast iron dual point on my 65 273 Commando (but with the Mopar electronic guts) and have a single (one) wire coming out of it so it looks "Stock"...

It's set up as Mechanical Advance...

Or, are you talking about something else???

Clif of Az.:coffee2:

Attachments

• distrib1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 205
Only thing id worry about with one of those, is can you stroll into a napa store or a advance store and get anything to repair it on the side of the road? Guess you could allways cary a points dist in the trunk or something to get ya home. I used a GM looking HEI distributor in the last oval track 360 I built for a guy, and that distributor failed on the dyno during the first power pull. My only experience with em.......

I've used one of the cheap ones on a 1973 F100 Ranger. Worked fine. Not a high performance motor.

Only thing id worry about with one of those, is can you stroll into a napa store or a advance store and get anything to repair it on the side of the road? Guess you could allways cary a points dist in the trunk or something to get ya home. I used a GM looking HEI distributor in the last oval track 360 I built for a guy, and that distributor failed on the dyno during the first power pull. My only experience with em.......
it uses a chevy hei module about 12 buck at the parts house:cheers:

I bought one, but haven't installed. The 4-pin module looks a bit different than the GM one, so don't know if you can swap them directly. I will probably use a GM 8-pin module anyway (cut holes for connectors), for its better features.

-
Back