Only 15 Pro Stock cars at Mile high!

-
They call Pro/Stock cars the "factory hot rods". Well which factory is selling cars with carburetors these days? Or in the past 20 plus years for that matter.
People like W/J and others were calling for this years ago.
Personally I applaud the NHRA for this. I think that they could have even gone farther.
I like the shorter wheelie bar rule too. Get the wheels up!

Attachments

• BillyTheKid.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 210
  • butch leal.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 257
  • herb_mccandless_car.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 201
Them thats got the money get to go fast, and nuts to the cost of the changes.
PS has been away from the produced vehicle for long long time, and ain't coming back anytime soon. SS/AH is a lot more fun to watch, just wish their were some Chev's and Fords that could run competitively with the Mopars.
HEY, it would be a hell of a lot more fun to watch tham Funney Cars.
Just my opinion for what it worth.(not much!)

Hey that would be just like old P/S from the 70's but a lot faster.

If anyone is crying its the guys in the Mopars,the new Camaro has been kicking butt since they brought it out..Morgan winning again today:D:D

Really ! I have watched & I know people who have talked to Anderson. If he isn't winning every race he is crying. I have never heard any MOPAR guys say anything negative about Anderson but I have heard him say thing about JEGS & JOHNSON

If anyone is crying its the guys in the Mopars,the new Camaro has been kicking butt since they brought it out..Morgan winning again today:D:D

Anderson is the one I saw crying yesterday.
They say the RPM limit will save thousands of dollars and maybe some new cars might show up.

maybe some new cars might show up.

increase the purse...increase the money for the 1st couple on non qualifiers.....

I bet the cars show up.....

Greg Standfield asked about the increase purse...nhra said NO......

So...let spend thousands...millions on R&D for new manifolds...and EFI...plus re developing the power curb for the lower rpm...but not increase the purse....the cars will breaking the fence down to get in...LOL

not to say...a bunch of intakes and carbs...are on a fire sale....lol

maybe some new cars might show up.

increase the purse...increase the money for the 1st couple on non qualifiers.....

I bet the cars show up.....

Greg Standfield asked about the increase purse...nhra said NO......

So...let spend thousands...millions on R&D for new manifolds...and EFI...plus re developing the power curb for the lower rpm...but not increase the purse....the cars will breaking the fence down to get in...LOL

not to say...a bunch of intakes and carbs...are on a fire sale....lol

I agree, the money they run for is a joke. Take last years Brickyard 400, Danica made $131,950.00 for placing 42nd out of 43!!!!!! Win Pro stock and you get about $30,000.00. RUNNER UP? about $12,000.00. 17 or 18 non qualifier? $3000.00
You wanna make a small fortune in Pro stock? Start with a large one!

Them thats got the money get to go fast, and nuts to the cost of the changes.
PS has been away from the produced vehicle for long long time, and ain't coming back anytime soon. SS/AH is a lot more fun to watch, just wish their were some Chev's and Fords that could run competitively with the Mopars.
HEY, it would be a hell of a lot more fun to watch tham Funney Cars.
Just my opinion for what it worth.(not much!)

Hey that would be just like old P/S from the 70's but a lot faster.

This :THE SS/AH class gets my attention a lot more than Pro Stock template type stuff...

Limiting the rpm will bring costs down and going fi will bring the cars into the present. Yes there will be a learning curve with some costs associated but cost per round will come down. I do believe they should go back to stock appearing bodies so the public can relate to the cars, this is pro stock not pro mod. As for boosted that will give them the power to run the numbers that they all want to run and we all wish we could plus that's what all the younger generation can relate too and we need them in the sport to keep it alive. The pro classes have to evolve to be relevant to the times.

And yes I'm an SS/AH fan also but we are the old crowd enjoying the past. Look at what they have the new drag pack cars running now and they are only getting faster, cant wait to see where those things can really get to.

NHRA better do something even if its wrong. 15 p/s to qualify? I remember 20 or more to show up at Orange County in early 70s for a 16 car field for there monthly winter series.

-
Back