only got half throttle

-

river rat

Reaction score
I swapped a 4 bbl 318 in place of the original 2bbl 273, i used the original throttle cable and i am only getting about half throttle when the accelerator is mashed to the floor.

Do i need a different cable from a factory 4bbl car?

Do you have a pic of your setup? What carb are you running? Do you have the Mopar throttle adapter bracket on the carb? My guess, without a pic, is that you dont have the throttle stud in the correct place on the carb, or the throttle cable adjustment is wrong on the cable holddown bracket.

I swapped a 4 bbl 318 in place of the original 2bbl 273, i used the original throttle cable and i am only getting about half throttle when the accelerator is mashed to the floor.

Do i need a different cable from a factory 4bbl car?

What you need is a 4bbl throttle cable bracket.
The 273 cable should be fine.

I am using a edelbrock 600 cfm and it has the mopar adapter on it. I was told the bracket is for a 4bbl, and it looks correct.

So the throttle cable is the same for all small blocks?

I am using a edelbrock 600 cfm and it has the mopar adapter on it. I was told the bracket is for a 4bbl, and it looks correct.

So the throttle cable is the same for all small blocks?

Not talking about the bracket on the carb,talking about the bracket on the manifold.Have seen a 2bbl bracket called a 4bbl bracket a thousand times.
I used the same throttle cable when going from a 2bbl to 4bbl.

A picture will tell a thousand words.

I'll see about getting some pics, but it sounds like the bracket may not be correct

-
Back