Only one left. don't get it

-

AJ71DUSTER

Reaction score
Well my brother call me to day and ask me to sit down, I said why then he told me that he had sold his 1968 ply GTX I was shocked. He told me that he had been thinking about for awhile and listed it last tuesday and sold it on sunday,I just don't understand why? So out of the old gang and family I'm the only one left with an old MOPER.:banghead:

No nothing I really wanted. He has had this car for over 20yrs I never thought he would part with it.Maybe your right he needs the money, but Damn it was a great car.

That bites...........

He will rue the day he let it go! His loss!

Sometimes it's just time for a change.

I had a 1932 Ford Victoria, powered by a blown 392 Hemi. I had that car for nearly 30 years. I sold it about 5 years ago. The last three years I owned it, I put exactly 28 miles on it. There was no sense ( other than sentimental value) for me to keep the car any longer.

I'm the second owner of my 71 Dart Swinger. I've owned it since it was 2 years old, (that's 41 years). It's been finished, refreshed, redone, refreshed again, and so on.
Presently it's sitting in my garage down in Naples, Fl. I drove the car down there a couple of months ago. The car runs great, and there were absolutely no issues during the nearly 9 hour drive. Engine was smooth, trans shifted perfectly, the A/C was working great, and I even threw one of my XM receivers in the car for the ride.

My wife and I drove it down to Florida, just like we did when we were in our 20's. ( I was 23 when I bought the car, Joyce was 21). We did have the discussion as to whether or not to keep the car, or to sell it. We decided to keep it, for now.

Things change in people's lives. Some of us never realize that, others do. Sometimes it's just time for a change.

This how I see it, I do have other cars that I make payments on so I call mt duster my poverty car and this is why over the course of life it has been rough at times but I never sold it, I owe nothing on it so why would I sell it just does make sense to me JMO. there was I time I even put the title in my dads name to assure that I kept it. He told me that he has a 2 year plan but we all know how that goes.

He told me that he has a 2 year plan but we all know how that goes.

A plan will never fail if you never make one.

I had a buddy that had a plan so he managed to retire at 49 since he was debt free and had plenty of money. Sadly he died at 67 with a sudden heart attack but had fully enjoyed life before that morning. He had just returned from a mission trip to Alaska 10 days before. Had he worked until he was 65 he would have missed many of the things he loved to do in life.

Sorry guys for not replying back , life gets busy , I will see if I can get pic's to post, I'm sure he has some,

My only, younger, Brother always does things that I cannot explain either...lol. I wish the best for him, as he is the only one that has to live with that decision.

-
Back