Oops I did it again!

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
I've been trying not to get anymore projects, but I fell off the wagon. I was supposed to fly over to Kauai (the next island over) to look at a couple of cars yesterday. I was offered a 72 Duster with no engine/trans but solid and otherwise complete for $400. Also a 69 Formula S Cuda that was a complete running 4spd car with a fresh 360 for $2500 and if I took both cars the guy was going to throw in a 57 4dr Fury (I think he said Fury my mind was in overdrive while he was describing the Cuda). This guy is a Mopar nut and has over 30 cars. After talking to him for over an hour I told him I'd call him back after I made my flight arrangements. I started thinking about it and just couldn't find the space to put the cars. Plus on top of that I might have to fly back to Vegas is 2 weeks and wouldn't have time to deal with the shipping as well as the storage space issue. I called him back the next morning and told him my dilemma. I told him I'd call him in a month to see if he still wanted to get rid of the cars.

This morning a guy who lives on my island calls me to come and look at this car he needs to get rid of ASAP. He's a Challenger guy and had come across this 73 Duster that he was going to part out. Knowing that I was an a-body guy he called me because he said the car was worth saving and not parting. It was a 73 Duster with a fresh 360, 727, 8 3/4 open rear. The engine supposedly has less than 100 miles on it and if you take off the valve covers it looks like it. It has a MSD distributor, LD4B with eddy 1405, hookers, flowmasters, 2100 stall, disc brakes...... The car is from Florida (still has the Florida plates) and belonged to a Marine who got busted for drugs and needed to get rid of the car before he was sent to prison stateside.

Another Mopar guy offered him $1800, but he's the type of guy who just likes to part things out to make money (I know who he is). I told him I wanted the car for my nephew to drive. Well the car is now sitting in front of my house :shock: It's not much to look at right now, but it starts right up and runs fine. Haven't driven it yet so I don't know how the tranny is. I'm gonna stick my 3.91 SG in it since it does have a stall.

I'm selling my 65 Valiant to a friend of mine since his wife has been wanting it for a while and I need the space. I wonder if the guy would sell me just the Cuda :scratch: :D I guess when it rains it really does pour :tongue:

Good score!! :thumleft:

LOL!! I feel your pain...my Demon is in the garage in pieces and the 72' Duster I bought is in the driveway...couldn't help myself. Couldn't pass up that Duster!! :shock:

Hey Hotwheelsjr the Duster isn't as nice as the one you got, but I figured that if it turns out to be too much body work I my moneys worth in parts :D

ProStreetDuster, if I can swing it, I'm still gonna try and get that Cuda :wink: If worst comes to worst I could always ship it to the mainland and store it in Vegas.

HawaiiDuster said:
Hey Hotwheelsjr the Duster isn't as nice as the one you got, but I figured that if it turns out to be too much body work I my moneys worth in parts :D

I hear ya...I promised the guy I bought mine from I wouldn't part it out or flip it (let's just say I got a pretty good deal!!). If it does become a pain in my side, I'll work out a deal with him...that's just the way I am. I couldn't go back on my word and just flip it for parts...even though I know it's a gold mine -- Sharkstooth grille, 2 auto consoles, 340/727, 8 3/4 3.55, 4 piston discs, sport mirrors, 14" ralleyes/rings/centers, and all the sheet metal ya want. That's just the big stuff I can think of at the moment.... :D

If someone made a deal on a Duster like you got, I definately wouldn't flip it to turn a profit. That thing is just too original and has all the right options. You really lucked out on that deal :thumrigh:

Okay here we go again. Another guy called me about a 68 Cuda he wants to get rid of. Its just a plain 273 auto but is supposedly solid. Most cars in Hawaii that old are usually rust buckets, but he claims it has very little rust. He's asking $2800 for it and I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow night. The only problem is I don't have anywhere to put it because I just picked up the 73 Duster. I'm thinking if the Cuda is as nice as the guy says it is, I'll strip the Duster down and junk it then work on the Cuda. Man this is driving me nuts. Two Cudas and three Dusters in less than a week. I wonder what else will pop up this week. I wish I could pass some of these off to you guys, but theres that little problem called the Pacific Ocean getting in the way.

-
Back